logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dundurs  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 9:54:45 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
8. Input Self-render check-box is currently not saved in profile. So every time user has to remember to go and uncheck it via I. This is important for HD source internet streaming as they provide 50fps, but reasonable output for internet is 25fps (is this the right approach to convert 50fps to 25fps?)
dundurs  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:14:43 AM(UTC)
dundurs

9. Video delay is a little bit darker than the original video, can you solve this?
10. Please add a confirmation dialog box when pressing "Close". We have closed an input during live production a few times due to a mistake. This confirmation dialog would be very helpful.
leonel261083  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:55:16 AM(UTC)
leonel261083

I have a problem with the overlays, when I put the logo to a video and the video is in HD I will open the video using the zoom to remain at 4:3. but in the 2011 version got it right, but the 2012 version, when I zoom the video, also the logo zooms and moves along with the video.
admin  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 12:05:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

There are two overlay options in vMix.
You can use the O1 and O2 buttons which work the same as they did in vMix 2011.

There is also the new MultiView overlay options in 2012 which automatically zoom with each other by design.

So you can use either depending on what you want to do.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
dundurs

11. Desktop screen capture input tends to freeze often (every few hours). Perhaps, the connection was lost. However it is working in wired LAN, hence there should be no conenction problems here (have tried different computers and LANS). The Restart button also does not work, therefore my question would be, if you can implement a reconenct function in Restart button for screen catpure input? After reopening the vMix profile or re-ading the input everything works fine, but this is not realistic during in production environment. Pressing restart buton to reconnect would be just fine.
dundurs  
#26 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 3:31:17 PM(UTC)
dundurs

12. I was wondering it it might be possible to use more than one vMix on the same computer. The computers tend to get better and can do more processing, in my case I would be very interested to run 3 vMix virtual devices on the same computer instead of getting 3 computers.
Luc Henrion  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:24:06 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
3 instances of vMix? I'm curious why ?
dundurs  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:17:03 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Luc Henrion wrote:
3 instances of vMix? I'm curious why ?

On one of my livestreaming sites we have to provide 3 different streams simultanously - first is only audio/video, second is audio/video with some overlays, third is audio/video with lots of textual and other kind of overlays.
Luc Henrion  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:16:01 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I see. Interesting ! Maybe only one instance of vMix could do a better job, if there was a "multi output" option, with or without some overlays...?
dundurs  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:20:14 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Luc Henrion wrote:
I see. Interesting ! Maybe only one instance of vMix could do a better job, if there was a "multi output" option, with or without some overlays...?

In my case not really, because we need a different video input for each stream, because overlays are prepared with a hardware mixer priori to vMix. We need vMix for quality control, audio switching and possibility to use vMix virtual device with more than one FMLE instance (because we are sending 3 levels of quality for each stream to take advantage of bitrate switching).
admin  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:55:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Dundurs,

With current graphics card technology, one mixed output split into up to three devices (screen, recording, capture) is all that is possible.
Technically there could be multiple separately mixed outputs but the frame rate is quite unreliable so it isn't a feature that is being pursued.

The good news is your report of the desktop screen capture issues have been noted and a much improved version will be available in the next release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

dundurs  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:04:27 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Hi Dundurs,

With current graphics card technology, one mixed output split into up to three devices (screen, recording, capture) is all that is possible.
Technically there could be multiple separately mixed outputs but the frame rate is quite unreliable so it isn't a feature that is being pursued.

The good news is your report of the desktop screen capture issues have been noted and a much improved version will be available in the next release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

I actually meant to ask it was possible to register and use three vMix instances/virtual devices simultaneously instead of three outputs for one vMix.
Thanks, looking forward to screen capture and other improvements.