logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2023 8:10:11 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I suspect this might be Facebook once more tinkering with their settings, which often leads to complications. I'm currently running version 26.0.0.45, and as of this morning, my primary page isn't visible in the dropdown menu.

While my other pages and groups are still appearing, the one I usually stream to is conspicuously absent. Even vMix Social isn't displaying it. Anyone have any insights into what might be happening? Could it be related to my Facebook settings?

Thanks in advance,
Sims.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2023 11:03:55 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 770 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post
I suspect this might be Facebook once more tinkering with their settings, which often leads to complications. I'm currently running version 26.0.0.45, and as of this morning, my primary page isn't visible in the dropdown menu.

While my other pages and groups are still appearing, the one I usually stream to is conspicuously absent. Even vMix Social isn't displaying it. Anyone have any insights into what might be happening? Could it be related to my Facebook settings?

Thanks in advance,
Sims.

If FB changing things prob best to ask them ;-)
Simsyuk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2023 12:01:37 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance,
Sims.

If FB changing things prob best to ask them ;-)

Thanks doggy and there goes the pig flying in the sky. They never respond, as long as they can sell your info to 3rd parties and make money, they don't care.

bekuhlen  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2023 1:54:39 AM(UTC)
bekuhlen

United States

I am also having the same problem with streaming to FB. In my locations, the ONE page that I actually want to stream to is not available as an option now. It was on Sunday and now as of today, Wednesday, it has magically disappeared. Can't imagine where I would even go on FB to get any help on this matter. Anyone else have any insight, I would greatly appreciate the help!
tech4faith  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2023 6:00:39 PM(UTC)
tech4faith

Croatia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The same here; the page dissapeared two days ago. Tried to look for business integrations in FB, in order to reset vMix integration, but couldn't find it - another thing changed by FB obviously... Any help would be very appreciated. Thx!

*Update - received info from vMix support, the problem has been reported to FB and they are waiting for FB response.
thanks 2 users thanked tech4faith for this useful post.
bekuhlen on 9/15/2023(UTC), djmoll on 9/17/2023(UTC)
bekuhlen  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2023 12:27:09 AM(UTC)
bekuhlen

United States

Thanks tech4faith! I'll keep an eye out for any other updates. If you hear anything, please continue to post. Sunday's comin'!
Simsyuk  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2023 9:03:15 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Facebook (FB) has acknowledged that the problem impacts pages incorporated into and overseen through Business Manager, which differs somewhat from other pages. Consequently, there is a requirement to activate a unique permission within the API to address this issue.

For a comprehensive test, it's essential to first remove both vMix and vMix Social from the Facebook business integrations. Afterward, attempt to add them again. Please be aware that success is not guaranteed, as Facebook may not provide notification once the issue is resolved. Keep persisting in your attempts.
Simsyuk  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 3:43:03 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Seems to be working now.
thanks 1 user thanked Simsyuk for this useful post.
djmoll on 9/17/2023(UTC)
djmoll  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 11:49:16 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've had exactly the same problem with the Facebook page I stream to not showing up in the vMix menu. It started 3-5 days ago, with no changes made to my system. I removed all of my business integrations, reconnected vMix to Facebook, and then went through the setup questions for connecting vMix to Facebook. My Facebook page that I stream to still didn't show up in the dropdown menu.

Has this problem been resolved?

David
Simsyuk  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 7:13:37 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: djmoll Go to Quoted Post
I've had exactly the same problem with the Facebook page I stream to not showing up in the vMix menu. It started 3-5 days ago, with no changes made to my system. I removed all of my business integrations, reconnected vMix to Facebook, and then went through the setup questions for connecting vMix to Facebook. My Facebook page that I stream to still didn't show up in the dropdown menu.

Has this problem been resolved?

David

I checked mine yesterday and it was working, have you updated vMix to 26.0.0.45, you can also try the attached vMix Social as well (was sent to me by support which worked) vmixsocialsetup8.zip (922kb) downloaded 12 time(s)..

Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked Simsyuk for this useful post.
miguelizate on 10/12/2023(UTC)
djmoll  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2023 12:26:27 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Simsyuk, thanks for responding. I'm still on version 25 (latest version of that available) and I'm not using vMix Social. Hopefully I don't have to upgrade to 26 to fix this Facebook problem (but the new version 27 looks exciting!). I'll check and see if my version 25 is now showing the Facebook pages I use for streaming.

I submitted a support request to vMix, but I don't expect an response back to me over the weekend.

As others have mentioned, Facebook seems to have an arrogant attitude toward its users (customers). This appears to be another example of that--making very disruptive changes without warning or support.

David
djmoll  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2023 11:07:23 PM(UTC)
djmoll

I was able to get my vMix streaming to Facebook working again yesterday. After vMix and Facebook worked on this, as mentioned earlier in this thread; the Facebook page I stream to showed up in my vMix menu. Unfortunately, vMix still gave an error when I tried to stream to that page. I went into Facebook and deleted my Business Integration for vMix, logged into Facebook from vMix again, and reconfigured the vMix connection with Facebook. Everything now works.

I'm sharing this in case someone else is still having trouble streaming to Facebook.

We lost two major livestreams because of Facebook's actions over the last few days. I also wasted significant time trying to debug a problem that sounds like it was simply an unannounced system change by Facebook. When you stream to Facebook, remember you are simply a way for Facebook to sell ad revenue. I guess we get what we pay for, but it sure feels like Facebook treated us poorly.

David
Simsyuk  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2023 5:00:53 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

David if it happens again, remember you can use the Facebook Stream Key within vMix, just use the Facebook producer (the comments won't work but the stream should).