logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jo SSTV  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2023 11:01:30 PM(UTC)
Jo SSTV

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi, hope this feedback makes it to the developers.

We've been doing several shows where for Q&A panel segments event organisers (silently in the call and chat) have been relaying questions to the speakers. Some of the questions are quite long and the narrow 220px chat element is a bit too cramped for the speakers to read and look between multiple questions.

Would it please be possible to implement resizable chat, i.e. dragging the left hand side of the chat panel towards the left to enlarge it or some other solution.

We should really like to avoid the confusion of having an additional chat window as some of the speakers are not especially technically minded.

Additionally an organiser asked us to enquire if it would be possible for messages to be retained from prior to a person reconnecting, I understand why you'd not want to store them server-side or an elaborate caching system between the vMix application and the caller's web clients but maybe using localStorage etc. might be a simpler and secure way to implement it.

Thanks

Jo
Henny  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2023 4:27:10 AM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
A different approach would be to have questions submitted on a |Google form that feeds into a Google sheet, using a combination of tick boxes/queries and filters you could build some simple moderation into a second sheet within the google sheet that then feeds by way of Data sources a Gt title , this GT title is put within/over the Return feed to the caller.
thanks 1 user thanked Henny for this useful post.
Jo SSTV on 9/5/2023(UTC)
Jo SSTV  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2023 4:36:23 AM(UTC)
Jo SSTV

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Henny Go to Quoted Post
A different approach would be to have questions submitted on a |Google form that feeds into a Google sheet, using a combination of tick boxes/queries and filters you could build some simple moderation into a second sheet within the google sheet that then feeds by way of Data sources a Gt title , this GT title is put within/over the Return feed to the caller.

Thanks Henny, that's an interesting suggestion I'll run it by our team but I think being able to scroll though multiple messages helps the speakers, not sure how readable we could make a large quantity of text alongside our return greenroom output and I'm weary of adding potential fragility to the system.

sunkast  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2023 4:09:49 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Henny Go to Quoted Post

I think Social Stream can export message directly to a file if you want to continue taking questions from live chat. It's a really good alternative to vMix Social once you get up to speed with how it works.