logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
afonia  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 12:19:35 AM(UTC)
afonia

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Even don't know how to name this correct so couldn't find in forum :)

THE TASK:

During stream of a sports game sometimes to show livescore of other matches.

THE PROBLEM:

There can be 1 match, but can be 3 or 5 matches. I want to take data from Excel file via DataSource.

But how to make graphics to change its height automaticaly depending of ammount of matches (rows in Excel)? If there are 2 matches, my graphics field is 200 px, but if there are 4 matches - it should become 400 px.

Any suggestions? Thank you!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 12:51:52 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: afonia Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Even don't know how to name this correct so couldn't find in forum :)

THE TASK:

During stream of a sports game sometimes to show livescore of other matches.

THE PROBLEM:

There can be 1 match, but can be 3 or 5 matches. I want to take data from Excel file via DataSource.

But how to make graphics to change its height automaticaly depending of ammount of matches (rows in Excel)? If there are 2 matches, my graphics field is 200 px, but if there are 4 matches - it should become 400 px.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

What do you mean by graphics? Guess you mean a textbox ?

One can set a textbox (title designer) to automatically resize vertically ( fixed width). each piece of text separated with a linefeed/cr will expand the box per line added
Problem is one can not have mutiple items/rows of a datasource in one textbox unless you have a script taking all the rows data and convert it to the above mentioned structure as one to put in that box .

One can "attach" say a colored rectangle to the textbox that will grow as the textbox grows . its called bounding. There is a vMix tutorial video explaining this "autoscaling of titles"
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
afonia on 8/22/2023(UTC)
afonia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2023 12:18:45 AM(UTC)
afonia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

What do you mean by graphics? Guess you mean a textbox ?

Well, I mean PNG file I use in GT. I want rows to be added there depending on ammount of rows of text I have. Ex: https://app.box.com/s/7w4qzedm2pl8qgfpj4o8n575m1ucd15m

One can set a textbox (title designer) to automatically resize vertically ( fixed width). each piece of text separated with a linefeed/cr will expand the box per line added
Problem is one can not have mutiple items/rows of a datasource in one textbox unless you have a script taking all the rows data and convert it to the above mentioned structure as one to put in that box .

One can "attach" say a colored rectangle to the textbox that will grow as the textbox grows . its called bounding. There is a vMix tutorial video explaining this "autoscaling of titles"

Thank you! For basic needs it really works. Here is a link with tutorial mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_e35Lgdxo
afonia  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 1:07:05 AM(UTC)
afonia

Any way to do the same bounding to PNG file and not rectangle? I tried, it grows a bit, but not as good as with rectangle...
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 2:04:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: afonia Go to Quoted Post

Any way to do the same bounding to PNG file and not rectangle? I tried, it grows a bit, but not as good as with rectangle...

Would that not deform the image ?

Maybe fill the rectangle with an image ?