logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gunpet  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2023 6:17:40 AM(UTC)
gunpet

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

We have used Replay for many years and sometimes it has been a little buggy but now on our TWO main-computers (one ASUS with i9 and 3080ti plus a 3070ti) we get segment with black recordings on the timeline - they vary from 0.2s to 20 seconds and appear randomly. Our fat production computer is at max 3% CPU and 10% GPU plus we use Resizable BAR.
We really need help with this.

/Gunnar, Sweden
Jav  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 11:32:49 PM(UTC)
Jav

Spain

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, have you been able to solve it, we have the same problem of black blocks in the random recording, the disks are SSD.
the input signals are 4 NDI and we return a full -NDI signal for mixing in the realization system
RichDanby  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 12:43:46 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Replay does need a fast drive, and a drive that stays fast after long periods of writing.

I used a Crucial P3 Plus NVME M.2 SSD in a new build. It's claimed 4200MB/s write speed should be plenty for the around 500 Mb/s needed by four channels of replay but it failed. I found that after replay had been recording for something like 30 minutes, the average write speed dropped to around 75MB/s (600Mb/s) with frequent slow points that caused the replays to include black frames. None of the reviews I'd read mentioned this as they hadn't done a long enough write to hit the limit, eventually I found one review that reported it. I replaced it with a different SSD and all has been fine since.

You can keep an eye on the disk write speed in task manager to see if it is slowing down.