logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SethLT  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 3:29:20 AM(UTC)
SethLT

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a "scene" that is 2 boxes (big/little) and I am looking for a shortcut that I can bind to a streamdeck that would allow me to swap those sources. I have them as layers and have been using the "set layer" shortcut to individually switch them but I have a certain situation where I would like to have them swap.

Thank you!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 3:49:39 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SethLT Go to Quoted Post
I have a "scene" that is 2 boxes (big/little) and I am looking for a shortcut that I can bind to a streamdeck that would allow me to swap those sources. I have them as layers and have been using the "set layer" shortcut to individually switch them but I have a certain situation where I would like to have them swap.

Thank you!

Have a look here for idea https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post71167

also : Using a merge between 2 inputs with the boxes (layers) on different positions is an option ( will kind of animate between the change)
SethLT  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 3:53:38 AM(UTC)
SethLT

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Thank you!

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I am attempting them as layers on an input versus overlays as I need my overlays for other on screen sources. I am currently using the "setlayer" shortcut with a streamdeck to hard switch my box sources and was hoping there was a way to switch layer 1 and 2 within a single input....if that makes sense?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 4:05:02 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Thank you!

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I am attempting them as layers on an input versus overlays as I need my overlays for other on screen sources. I am currently using the "setlayer" shortcut with a streamdeck to hard switch my box sources and was hoping there was a way to switch layer 1 and 2 within a single input....if that makes sense?

Have a layout with the inputs ( multiview) , create a virtual of that and swap the position . transition between the 2 layouts

ps similar to the script example one can swap the inputs used in the layers or multiple shortcuts under the same key
SethLT  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 4:15:04 AM(UTC)
SethLT

United States

Thank you!

Have a layout with the inputs ( multiview) , create a virtual of that and swap the position . transition between the 2 layouts

ps similar to the script example one can swap the inputs used in the layers or multiple shortcuts under the same key

Unless I a confusing it, with 10 inputs and a potential to have a combination of any 2 shots, I would need something like 20+ virtual instances with all potential combos preset? Please forgive my ignorance. I was hoping for something as simple as a single shortcut that would just change the source of a layer with another layer in the same multiview.

EDIT: I think I understand what you meant now. I am testing that solution. I will update....thanks.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 4:28:38 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Unless I a confusing it, with 10 inputs and a potential to have a combination of any 2 shots, I would need something like 20+ virtual instances with all potential combos preset? Please forgive my ignorance. I was hoping for something as simple as a single shortcut that would just change the source of a layer with another layer in the same multiview.

vMix often allows multiple ways of doing something , which to choose depends on the criteria

- One is to use the overlay with the script but is not an option for you.
- The other is to use virtual inputs but only usefull if only a couple are needed (but is quick)
- If you know which inputs (kind of fixed) one can have multiple shortcuts to set a layer at once but needs at least 2 shortcut keys ( back and forth) (quick but limited as in predetermined inputs) . can be made more flexible by using DynamicInputs but needs a way to set them = extra shortcuts
- The most flexible to swap regardless fo the inputs used is similar to the first option but the script then needs to check what is in which layer (instead of overalys) and swap them with eachother (multiple setlayer) (takes a while to get the script right but when done practical in use)

another one is changing the position settings of the layers (pan and zoom), weird but its one ;-)
doggy  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 4:33:57 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

doggy  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 5:05:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Here you go

Call using ScripStart shortcut

SwapLayer.jpg (75kb) downloaded 5 time(s).