logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HighViewSport  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 4:37:32 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin/Members

I am not sure if others have mentioned or asked this before. Sorry if so.

1. I would like to see input names above or below each window in multiview.
So top left window should say preview , Top right should say program
All inputs below should have camera name or video name or input name

2. Can we also implement the ability to make cuts or preview switches with the mouse inside multiview?
Maybe right click to cut to the input i'm on, or left click changes the input i'm on to preview but all inside multiview.

This will allow someone to control switching in multi view while another person can run replays on main window.

Thoughts?
Thanks Bryan
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 4:44:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I've moved this to feature requests.

An update to the MultiView Output interface is due for vMix 14.

One thing I will need to point out is the MultiView Output is a static video only interface.
Any control would just be duplicating the main interface anyway, so not sure it is necessary.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Bardos59  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 8:38:01 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

admin wrote:

One thing I will need to point out is the MultiView Output is a static video only interface.
Any control would just be duplicating the main interface anyway, so not sure it is necessary.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Yes Martin, it is a very important feature....It helps where there is a Producer and a Switcher.....Since there will be 2 monitors, the Director only has to view the Multi-view Screen, and make the call by Name or Number for the inputs.....It also frees up the operator to do more things like loading files, or creating Text or other overlays...I have worked in an environment where the multi-view system was used, and in close situations, such as where a small van or RV is used as an OB vehicle, this is most important...
I made the request a few times, as I know what it is to have to look to figure out which input to call, as it is not labeled on the multi-view http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2232 Post #9, has an example of GUI....
It is by default in the few programs I have had the chance to work with.

The switching from the Multi-view would be a great added advantage, especially where touch screen is involved, but that is something some way along the road of development....or even have someone develop an Hardware switcher to communicate with vMix, or software, where an ipad or similar device can be used as well.....putting vMix way up the hill from the others.
HighViewSport  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:43:08 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I was involved in a production with another group recently that was using the new Livestream studio software and custom machines.
We had 3 monitors. 1 for main screen with studio software running, 2 - Multiview and 3 - program view. We could switch from the multiview screen (2) as well and the main view (1)
The multiview also has the names of the inputs on it too.

The names on multiview was so good.
admin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:27:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
How about this?

http://www.vmix.com.au/s...enshots/multiviewpro.jpg

Note the black bars on the left and right are needed to ensure everything is displayed at the correct aspect ratio.

Bardos59  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:31:58 AM(UTC)

Yes sir, this is what I was talking about....reflecting the names in Multi-View, the same as it is in the Main window, and the Audio mixer...Now I feel happy....two beers for you....on me...(pat on the shoulder)......
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:44:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ admin

Although I don't currently use the multiview feature, I see the many benefits of your most recent suggestion, but I don't like the look. Too bold, I guess, almost cartoonish with so many distracting colours on screen.
Perhaps if the Title bars were toned down a little (smaller/thinner/more opaque) with text centered it would look better and mimic a control room video wall.

Ice
Bardos59  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:26:12 AM(UTC)

IceStream wrote:
@ admin

Although I don't currently use the multiview feature, I see the many benefits of your most recent suggestion, but I don't like the look. Too bold, I guess, almost cartoonish with so many distracting colours on screen.
Perhaps if the Title bars were toned down a little (smaller/thinner/more opaque) with text centered it would look better and mimic a control room video wall.

Ice

I handle that by changing the colours in the settings...I changed mine from 'Orange' and 'Green', to 'Black'...looks great , and I have not, and will not change it back to those bright, and as you say 'cartoonish'looking distracting colours....Try changing the clours to 'Black' in the settings.....