logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stranddoctor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 3:30:25 AM(UTC)
stranddoctor

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, we're using ZoomISO v2 on an M1 Max Macbook Pro. In vMix on a Windows 10 machine, we add the NDI inputs. We go into the multicorder settings and check off the box for each input.

No matter how we configure the multicorder recording options, the only way to get a usable file is to check the box that says "record original NDI MOV". If we do not check that box, vMix creates multiple files all with zero length. All recording options were tried, e.g. MKV, FFMPEG, MP4, etc.

I did see a post on here the recommended a workaround of setting the NDI to an output, then recording the output in the multicorder, but that's just a workaround and we have more NDI feeds than the 4 outputs.

Thanks for your help.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 5:51:43 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Yes, that is what vMix does and yes, the only way is what you have read. For recording purpose I would recommend a software that has a focus on recording like medialooks direct take. Or kiloview.
stranddoctor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 5:58:02 AM(UTC)
stranddoctor

United States

Thanks. Doesn't seem like that is meant to be the functionality; otherwise why are all the recording options in there? The documentation implies it would record the NDI signals to the vMix AVI, or FFMPEG, or the other settings. I had seen Video Transports from Medialooks, forgot about Direct Take; thanks for the reminder.
melody  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 8:40:53 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi stranddoctor,

in fact it looks like some kind of multicorder issue, however you can install NDI Tools and record each source with Studio monitor.
lukeskope  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2023 3:03:44 AM(UTC)
lukeskope

United States

Hi We're experiencing this same issue and would love to see it resolved. If I'm using Zoom ISO to take in 4 Zoom Windows it's not very practical to always have 4 NDI Studio monitors open, having to set the record path for each one each time, having to hit record on each one. Not to mention they record .mov anyway so not saving on space or cpu resources. Can anyone help us understand why recording NDI in the multicorder just doesn't work? To be clear, this seems to be a Zoom ISO issue, not a vMix issue as vMix can record other NDI Inputs just fine but it stinks not able to have isos.

edit: After talking to someone at Liminal and testing NDI from several other sources I cannot get any NDI sources to record properly as mp4's, everything ends up a a bunch of zero-1 second chunks. Stumped.

edit 2: after more testing Zoom Bridge is working perfectly as expected, Zoom ISO is not
admin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2023 12:30:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

MultiCorder uses the timing provided by the NDI source in order to create the recordings.
If the source does not provide timing information, or only does so sporadically this can cause the symptoms you have mentioned.

You may need to report the issue to Zoom ISO to see if they can embed timing information into the NDI stream.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
shadlx  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 6:23:05 AM(UTC)
shadlx

United Kingdom

Hi all

Richard here - I develope zoomISO. Martin I've dropped you a private message to try and understand a bit more about the issue. Will see what I can do..

Richard
RadioAl  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2023 3:54:11 AM(UTC)
RadioAl

United Kingdom

I'm seeing this behaviour on the mac version of NDI tools Scan Converter as well. Multicorder just creates lots of short 1 frame long MP4 files for this input, and shows the duration counter stuck at 0:00 or 0:01. Other 'proper' NDI sources work fine. The Scan Converter input displays fine in vMix, and can be received elsewhere fine.

As others have said, routing this input to an output in vMix, and then recording the output, works as expected.

Other things I've tried, in case it helps:

- Routing the Scan converter input via NDI Tools Router, and feeding the router output to an input - same result.
- Changing the refresh rate of the monitor on the machine running Scan Converter - same result.

To work around this, I've installed vMix Desktop Capture for mac, and the MultiCorder can record that as an input normally.

I have not tried the paid-for 'full' version of Scan Converter from Sienna, who I believe wrote the original mac 'lite' version which forms part of the NDI tools.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/scanconvertermac.html

Scan Converter does seem to be more stable when compared to vMix desktop capture, but I'd rather have recordings some of the time, than not at all! :)
BETech  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 9:46:56 AM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Have a look at the LiveMind 16 Channel NDI Recorder @ US$99.00 as a possible solution.
https://livemind.tv/

mgrayeb  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BETech Go to Quoted Post
Have a look at the LiveMind 16 Channel NDI Recorder @ US$99.00 as a possible solution.

Thanks for sharing this. Have you used this app? I noticed in the description of the recorder on their website that they mention they're using NDI 4.5. Do you know if they are updating with NDI 5 and still supporting the product with other updates?

BETech  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 7:42:10 PM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Mgrayeb, try a free demo download to see if it meets your needs.

As for the NDI version, contact the developer Krzysztof Zegzula (Poland) at krzysztof@livemind.tv to answer your question regarding NDI version 5.x
mavik  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 8:35:57 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Zoom ISO is able to record the feed on HDD as well. Kiloview offers hardware recorders as well.
DetoxX  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 10:55:42 PM(UTC)
DetoxX

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for sharing this. Have you used this app? I noticed in the description of the recorder on their website that they mention they're using NDI 4.5. Do you know if they are updating with NDI 5 and still supporting the product with other updates?

The NDI version can easily be updated to the latest version just like you can do with Vmix, just copy and replace the old version .dll files with the new one and you are good to go, updated mine to 5.5 and it works flawlessly.
mgrayeb  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 3:41:36 PM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DetoxX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post

The NDI version can easily be updated to the latest version just like you can do with Vmix, just copy and replace the old version .dll files with the new one and you are good to go, updated mine to 5.5 and it works flawlessly.

Have you used it to record NDI-HX camera sources? Also, vMix Calls as ISOs? Thank you.