logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buntonn  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:56:43 AM(UTC)
buntonn

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

I am trying to work out how to do the following and would love some input.

During a live stream, I need to play a pre-recorded video both on the live stream and on a projector in the hall. Normally this would be straightforward with the video source in the program view to go live and also outputting it via a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Monitor 3G. However, I need to connect HDMI into a wall socket for the visual from the projector but need to feed the audio to an amp to get the audio from the ceiling speakers.

How would I get the separate audio feed from the laptop so I can get that into the Amp? Do I need to buy some additional kit or could I use the headphone jack on the laptop with a 3.5mm male-to-male audio lead?

Thank you!
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 8:19:19 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. If i understand well what you want to do. Send your audio normally out for hdmi. Then go to Vmix-->Settings-->Audio Outputs and select a bus from A to G. Το the selected bus from the dropdown menu select your laptop headphone jack and save it. Now go the audio mixer and find the audio from the desired video. Check on this audio source, the audio bus you selected before,connect the proper cable from your 3,5mm laptop port to the output machine you need, and you`re ready
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
buntonn on 4/23/2023(UTC)
buntonn  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 3:52:00 PM(UTC)
buntonn

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: nikosman88 Go to Quoted Post
Hello. If i understand well what you want to do. Send your audio normally out for hdmi. Then go to Vmix-->Settings-->Audio Outputs and select a bus from A to G. Το the selected bus from the dropdown menu select your laptop headphone jack and save it. Now go the audio mixer and find the audio from the desired video. Check on this audio source, the audio bus you selected before,connect the proper cable from your 3,5mm laptop port to the output machine you need, and you`re ready

Thank you, this was how I was hoping it would be, I will test it when home tonight. I assume the quality will be find for what I need.

Update, Thanks for your post, I have now manged to get this working with video from HDMI and audio from the headphone socket, I just used A Bus for the audio to the headphone jack.