logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sherlon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2023 1:30:11 PM(UTC)
sherlon

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Hello everyone, I'm from Brazil and I'm building a machine to operate a television/radio channel, as some may recognize, conditions in Brazil are not so favorable and we're on a tight budget, the machine I built was the same specification as a PC gamer, in which I imagine it can handle sending transmissions to youtube, tv channel, probably other social networks and also rendering some videos in 1080p

- ryzen 5600
- b450m (the b550 are double the value)
- 650 watts power supply
- 32gb ram 3200 mhz
- rtx 3060
- 5 or 6 kaze flex fans
- 1 nvme ssd and 1 sata ssd

the capture card will probably be a decklink but this is not under my choice

I don't have an in-depth study on vmix and its settings, but I have a doubt about what should I prioritize for vmix, cpu, gpu, ram? or all of them together? are there any settings in the vmix that are different from the factory and may give an advantage to the stream? we stream in 1080p at 30 fps

our current computer is good for a 1 hour program (we will have a project for a 24h tv program, for this the new pc) and the configurations are something around a seventh generation i7, a gtx 1060, 32gb of ram and the motherboard I believe is a z270
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2023 1:02:46 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ sherlon

- GPU is of prime importance for vMix, for which vMix is optimized for use with NVDIA GTX or RTX cards (the more CUDA cores the better)
- CPU is a close second, especially for NDI, SRT, vMix Call and/or Streaming and Recording wherever the NVENC hardware encoder is not used,
Speed is preferred over core count and why 3.0 GHz or faster per core is recommended, more fast cores are beneficial for things like 8 camera Instant Replay.

Ice