logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
battlestone  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 2:26:11 AM(UTC)
battlestone

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello from PA!
In my current production I am using an output from a Blackmagic card going into a teleprompter. I then use this to show the vMix caller guest so the host can look directly into the camera at the person being interviewed. But i would also love to have a teleprompter input inside of vMix instead of using third party apps and then using desktop capture or NDI to input the data. Something with basic controls for scrolling start and stop and scroll speed. I am hoping this will be just a modification of the scrolling text available inside the titles tab.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 3:21:13 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: battlestone Go to Quoted Post
Hello from PA!
In my current production I am using an output from a Blackmagic card going into a teleprompter. I then use this to show the vMix caller guest so the host can look directly into the camera at the person being interviewed. But i would also love to have a teleprompter input inside of vMix instead of using third party apps and then using desktop capture or NDI to input the data. Something with basic controls for scrolling start and stop and scroll speed. I am hoping this will be just a modification of the scrolling text available inside the titles tab.

google search example:

https://forums.vmix.com/posts/m85158-Controllable-Scrolling-text

and

battlestone  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 1:42:54 PM(UTC)
battlestone

United States

Thanks for the response. The Streaming Academy is basically doing what I would like to see built into vMix. They are modifying a ticker in title designer. Their technique is robust and uses quite a few buttons on the Streamdeck.
Probably more than what I need at the moment. If i get into an application that needs that level of functionality I will look into it.
I am using teleprompter mirror on a separate monitor and using desktop capture to bring it in.
. I am just suggesting a dedicated teleprompter function would not be too difficult (in my opinnion) to add.
As a feature request. If one day it gets added fine, if not, as you have pointed out there are other ways to accomplish this.