logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Widget  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2023 8:10:56 AM(UTC)
Widget

Groups: Registered
United States

I've scoured the forums here, the knowledge base, the user guide, YouTube, Reddit, and Googled my brains out. I've gone so far as to see if I could do this in some kind of browser source to bring into vMix. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem and am hoping someone here can assist.

I want to create a ticker that scrolls both images and text horizontally. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a separate character generator as the budget for that doesn't exist. I'd like for that ticker to be changeable via data sources, but I *think* I could figure that part out if I can somehow crack the code on how to get images included in a ticker. I've thought there might be a way to do this via scripting, but I have not taken step one in learning scripting in vMix and really have no idea even where to start.

Can anyone assist (or point to a low-cost alternative) in creating a ticker that uses an excel doc to pull text and place images between the text items on the horizontal ticker? Its driving me nuts, and I can't imagine its a crazy specialty case. I'm seeing it on all of the sports channels when I watch, I know its relatively common.

I'm willing to be taught, or pay a reasonable sum for a solution if someone can help. I'm at my wits end. Thanks to anyone who can assist.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2023 8:44:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Scripting won't do it

Purely GT Ticker datasource driven https://payhip.com/vMixTidBits
Widget  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2023 11:23:11 AM(UTC)
Widget

United States

@Doggy, you are the forum superhero - really appreciate the help here, and that you give to everyone else. We're lucky to have you!