logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aahz  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 7:56:46 AM(UTC)
Aahz

Groups: Registered

Hello,
Been using for years the Canon VIXIA HV40 camera via IEEE 1394. Recently got an opportunity to get hands on a quite old but professional Panasonic AG-HPX250p camera, but unfortunately it just does not appear in the vMix list of devices no matter what i try. I hope someone had a chance to use this model with vMix, because i have read the entire manual, went though all its menu options and now i am not even sure this camera is even compatible with live image IEEE 1394 capture.
Could it be an issue of drivers?
I am on windows 8.1 and as long as i remember the Canon VIXIA HV40 camera worked out of the box and no additional drivers were needed, it immediately was available in the vMix list of devices.
I would really appreciate if somebody could help me to at least understand if Panasonic AG-HPX250p camera even supports live image IEEE 1394 capture to PC.
Thanks!
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 12:18:40 PM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
HPX250p has both HDMI and HD-SDI outputs. Get a capture device for your computer that supports either one of those standards.
Aahz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2023 5:57:11 PM(UTC)
Aahz

Thank you!

Forgot to mention, i am on Windows 8.1 on a MacBook pro 2015 :)

I tried also the Sony PMW-EX1, but Windows 8.1 could not see it as HD video source, only if set as regular 480p DV in camera menu.

So now i am really thinking toward an external capture device that vMix can work with, which would also have an audio input and could mix video and audio to send it out via either 4 or 6 pin 1394 port, into my MacBook via a 9-pin FireWire 800 connector through Thunderbolt 2 adapter.

Currently my canon Vixia hv40 is successfully recognized my vMix being connected via a 1395 4 pin to FireWire 800 cable, getting into my MacBook via Thunderbolt 2 adapter.