logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 10:06:39 PM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
I wonder if it is possible to somehow use the same image (in this case team logotypes) in different title objects.

For example: I would like to upload a team logotype for a scoreboard title and then have that same image appear in a team rooster title and maybe in a splash screen for a start graphic.

It would save a couple of manual uploads of the same image file and decrease the risk of forgetting updating the logo somewhere :-).

Thanks in advance for any input on this!

doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 10:33:09 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TL68 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
I wonder if it is possible to somehow use the same image (in this case team logotypes) in different title objects.

For example: I would like to upload a team logotype for a scoreboard title and then have that same image appear in a team rooster title and maybe in a splash screen for a start graphic.

It would save a couple of manual uploads of the same image file and decrease the risk of forgetting updating the logo somewhere :-).

Sure, just link it to it's (file)location
TL68  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 1:03:25 AM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution! But I feel a bit stupid here: how do I link to an image file in the title editor? I Just find a browse button...
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 1:38:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Hi!

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution! But I feel a bit stupid here: how do I link to an image file in the title editor? I Just find a browse button...

Browse if how you select an image (but in case it doesnt hold the link in the setup after not getting an existing file)
Can also use shortcuts ( maybe even combined into one single script to load them all )
My preference would be to use a datasource (connected to the various titles) containing links to the image(s) as such can more easely change the selection
TL68  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 10:50:23 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Hi!

Browse if how you select an image (but in case it doesnt hold the link in the setup after not getting an existing file)
Can also use shortcuts ( maybe even combined into one single script to load them all )
My preference would be to use a datasource (connected to the various titles) containing links to the image(s) as such can more easely change the selection

Ah, using image paths works great! Thanx, Doggy!
Just one thing:
I have two logotypes called somethibg like "hometeam.png" and "awayteam.png" on fixed paths.
If I replace these with new images using same filenames (and same paths of course) the titles in Vmix does not update to the new image unless I either right klick on titles and choose "reaload" or reopen the Vmix project.

I wonder if there is any smarter way using some kind of trigger or something that will do the reloads instead of the manual procedure?
doggy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:28:07 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Ah, using image paths works great! Thanx, Doggy!
Just one thing:
I have two logotypes called somethibg like "hometeam.png" and "awayteam.png" on fixed paths.
If I replace these with new images using same filenames (and same paths of course) the titles in Vmix does not update to the new image unless I either right klick on titles and choose "reaload" or reopen the Vmix project.

I wonder if there is any smarter way using some kind of trigger or something that will do the reloads instead of the manual procedure?

Don't use same filenames , updating in gt titles is based on diffrence in data! hence using a datasource so you can select different data(row)
Check out how data sources work
TL68  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:58:09 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Hmm, think I want to use same filenames so that the colleague using this vmix setup easily just can put logos with right filename in right folder for every new broadcast to replace them.
Some of these guys will just be doing speaker commentary offtube, running vmix using fixed buttons on a streamdeck, not working in the interface. And probably will be tricky to have all logotypes prepared ahead in a list.
But I think it can work if we know that the logos need to be there before starting vmix :-)

But big thanks again for your input! In other setups using a dropdown in the data source for different images will be very helpful.