logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marcoman89  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2023 12:26:53 AM(UTC)
marcoman89

Groups: Registered
Italy

I'm on a very strange problem.
I've installed vmix 25 and 26 both to make some tests, and when I try to import an NDI input so many frames were dropped.
But I can see the same NDI input on NDI studio monitor very smooth, perfect as I expect to see.
OBS stream a perfect NDI video too.
Here's a recording of the problem. Go to 40'' to see it clearly:

I can't understand.....
Thanks!
marcoman89  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2023 9:23:21 PM(UTC)
marcoman89

Italy

It's seems to be a master frame setting on vmix.... but I can't find a consistent and constant behavior.. on another machine on the same network I got dropping problems on different frames.... Has anyone else had such problems with screen capture?
Possies  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2023 11:19:28 PM(UTC)
Possies

Netherlands

What kind of NDI capture device are you using? is it from HDMI to NDI?
What is the incoming source framerate in VMIX?
Make shure the incoming framerate matches the VMIX framerate so no frames need to skipped.
You can find realtime status info below your VMIX multiview window, what's the rendertime for example?
Also, when using NDI studio monitor and VMIX simultaniously it wil also ask more from your GPU/ hardware..
AtelierMusical  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2023 7:23:29 AM(UTC)
AtelierMusical

United States

Originally Posted by: marcoman89 Go to Quoted Post
I've installed vmix 25 and 26 both to make some tests, and when I try to import an NDI input so many frames were dropped.
But I can see the same NDI input on NDI studio monitor very smooth, perfect as I expect to see.

I can't understand.....
Thanks!

Hello,
We have the same problem!
Did you find a way to fix it?
Thanks!
marcoman89  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 10:25:25 PM(UTC)
marcoman89

Italy

Originally Posted by: AtelierMusical Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: marcoman89 Go to Quoted Post

I can't understand.....
Thanks!

Hello,
We have the same problem!
Did you find a way to fix it?
Thanks!

HI! Yesterday I think I found a solution for me..
After much googling I found that my laptop was not using the dedicated video card properly for VMIX software. The following post was the solution for me. My laptop is an Asus ROG strix with amd cpu and 3070ti video card.
https://www.vmix.com/kno...switch-on-an-asus-laptop
I have to do more extensive testing, but it seems to work.
hilton.moraes  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2023 5:38:05 AM(UTC)
hilton.moraes

Brazil

I'm having the same delay problem between images from 7 Sony SRG-X400 cameras that generate NDI stream. When I use up to 3 cameras there is no delay, when I use 4 or more cameras I start to have a delay problem between them. Were you able to solve the problem?
steveho  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 4:25:22 AM(UTC)
steveho

I have the same issue. With 3 or 4 NDI cameras (plus 3 propresenter feeds) I get smooth sailing.
With 7 NDI cameras (plus 3 propresenter feeds) I get dropped frames within vMix, but not NDI Monitor.
nikosman88  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 9:22:03 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. A temporary solution that work for me is to have as vmix input ndi source, the output from ndi studio Monitor.
halbred  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 9:11:20 AM(UTC)
halbred

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We're having a similar problem (I think).

ProPresenter 7 on a separate but nearby media computer is sending two NDI streams, one with full PowerPoint slides (some with graphic backgrounds) and another text-only slide with alpha channel. Both of these Propresenter outputs change at the same time. Both these NDI outputs are selected as set as vMix inputs along with three NDI PZT birddog camera inputs.

After power-up, all works fine, for 10-15 minutes, then one of the Propresenter inputs freezes while the other changes. The Propresenter output to our sanctuary displays as expected, but the NDI input in vMix does not. Sometimes the freeze is a few seconds, sometimes up to 10-15 seconds. Either of the inputs from Propresenter may freeze, but rarely do both freeze. The camera NDI inputs never skip a beat, even when one of the other of these inputs from Propresenter freezes.

If I run Studio Monitor on the video capture machine that runs vMix, it sees the NDI feeds from Propresenter as expected and they do not freeze, even when they freeze on the vMix inputs, so it seems logical that the issue is in vMix. But we have tried every config option we can find and have not been able to define the problem. We have shut down all other apps running on the related computers and monitored their CPUS, memory usage, network, etc. and nothing seems problematic.

This sounds somewhat technically similar to the issue that started this thread. Anyone else have this same vMix issue or some proposed solutions?

ps: The rest of our video setup (capture devices and machine, vMix switching, Switch Deck, network switches, Birddog PZT Controller, cabling, streaming to Boxcast.com, etc.) all work as expected.
thanks 1 user thanked halbred for this useful post.
lanceyoder on 2/12/2024(UTC)
jet  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2023 1:17:13 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: halbred Go to Quoted Post

ProPresenter 7 on a separate but nearby media computer is sending two NDI streams, one with full PowerPoint slides (some with graphic backgrounds) and another text-only slide with alpha channel. Both of these Propresenter outputs change at the same time. Both these NDI outputs are selected as set as vMix inputs along with three NDI PZT birddog camera inputs.

After power-up, all works fine, for 10-15 minutes, then one of the Propresenter inputs freezes while the other changes. The Propresenter output to our sanctuary displays as expected, but the NDI input in vMix does not. Sometimes the freeze is a few seconds, sometimes up to 10-15 seconds. Either of the inputs from Propresenter may freeze, but rarely do both freeze. The camera NDI inputs never skip a beat, even when one of the other of these inputs from Propresenter freezes.

If I run Studio Monitor on the video capture machine that runs vMix, it sees the NDI feeds from Propresenter as expected and they do not freeze, even when they freeze on the vMix inputs, so it seems logical that the issue is in vMix. But we have tried every config option we can find and have not been able to define the problem. We have shut down all other apps running on the related computers and monitored their CPUS, memory usage, network, etc. and nothing seems problematic.

This sounds somewhat technically similar to the issue that started this thread. Anyone else have this same vMix issue or some proposed solutions?

ps: The rest of our video setup (capture devices and machine, vMix switching, Switch Deck, network switches, Birddog PZT Controller, cabling, streaming to Boxcast.com, etc.) all work as expected.

Have you tried it with the vMix 27 beta?

lanceyoder  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2024 12:15:13 AM(UTC)
lanceyoder

United States

We're having this exact same issue, but we use Proclaim for our slides/lyrics. Proclaim NDI to screens and Studio Monitor is fine, but Proclaim inputs to vMix lag sporadically. Reboot fixes the problem temporarily. We have 2.5Gbps switch and our vMix PC is only using ~30% CPU, RAM, and GPU. Issue started maybe ~6 months ago now (on v26) but persists in vMix v27.
ewm  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2024 12:47:53 AM(UTC)
ewm

United States

Originally Posted by: lanceyoder Go to Quoted Post

I've been seeing the same issue in the program window - the FPS will slow way down and occasionally, the images will "tear" then it returns to normal. I have checked every thing about the PC, an HP gaming PC with an Nvidia 2060 GPU and Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, and 16 GB of RAM. The PC was installed in August 2020 and has performed flawlessly. The camera, a Panasonic AW-HN40 PTZ is using NDI to the PC.

The livestream is also flawless, looks great on Youtube and Facebook, so my conclusion is there must be a bug in vMix that's causing this issue. I hope the vMix guys will look into this.