logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
w8dev  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 11:53:20 AM(UTC)
w8dev

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to setup multiple activators for a single key. Each activator is based on a different event.

Here's my scenario:

I have an XKeys 24 and I want to have the blue light show for the input that's the preview and the red light to show up on the input that's live.

I've created shortcuts for each of my inputs on the XKeys and I've created 1 activator for each input for the preview and live (InputPreview and Input), but I cannot get both activators to work. Only 1 at a time does. So for instance, Input4 is my camera display with my logo. If I press that key the first time, it should light up with a blue light, then when I transition that input to the output, it should change to Red. Only the red shows up. On all of the keys, only the live (Red) lights get lit. Only if I delete the Live Output activator, then the Blue light shows up when I'm previewing an input.

If it's not possible, then I think the activator page should only allow us to create a single activator for a single key.
MBroniec  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 8:26:51 AM(UTC)
MBroniec

Man
United States

+1

I know w8dev posted this 3 years ago... but I would like to +1 this. Unless I am doing something wrong, it seems that you can still not stack activators.

And excuse me trying to explain...

My goal...

I have an APC40 MKII that I use for mainly everything audio (and a few video things). But I wanted another controller to just trigger video presets for VMix. So I got an APC Mini, which has an 8x8 pad which is perfect. So what I would like is to have the individual pads to be green when that input is in preview, and red when it is in the program output. Using BOME MIDI Pro, I am able to use both controllers at the same time (since there was obvious cross talk between the 2 controllers).

Using BOME, I was able to figure out what MIDI messages VMix was sending my APC Mini to trigger the activators, with XX being the different notes for each PAD on the controller...

Green Blink - 98 XX 02
Red Blink - 98 XX 04

I am able to map everything appropriately to get the activators to work when there is only 1 activator. Works perfectly. But when I add a second activator on a key, instead of VMix sending the MIDI message for an input being in preview (98 XX 02), it now will only send what seems to be a default message (98 XX 00) to things in preview, which is also the message for PADs just waiting to be pushed (which is why I can't just make 98 XX 00 into the Preview MIDI message, or else everything will blink green).

The Activator for inputs in program still work (blinking red using 98 XX 04). But I can't get VMix to send the MIDI message for Input Preview when there is more than 1 activator on an input.

So if there is a way to stack activators, please let me know! Or I absolutely +1 this post.

kdm170  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 12:17:04 AM(UTC)
kdm170

United States

+1

I am searching for this exact scenario.
PeterH  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 8:55:47 PM(UTC)
PeterH

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Martin Block  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 11:13:14 AM(UTC)
Martin Block

Philippines

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1
Fbcgulfport  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 10:42:39 AM(UTC)
Fbcgulfport

United States

+1
This would be a game changer. Particularly with xKeys.
hrbcworship  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2023 1:19:07 AM(UTC)
hrbcworship

United States

+1

We use an X-Key controller with various buttons programmed for camera presets using the preset function within vMix (great feature!). We select a camera preset key to move the camera view into the "Preview" window and then use a "Fade" function to move it to the "Input" window.

We installed light pipes in the controller to indicate which button is currently active for the view in the "Input" window but would like to know which button is active for the next camera view we have selected for the "Preview" window.

I used the "Input Preview" function, with a blinking color under "Type", to indicate the active Preview key with the expectation that the light pipe would go from blinking to steady state when we use the Fade button to make the transition from Preview window to Input window. When I Fade the Preview screen shot to the Input window the blinking light goes out but the steady light does not come on.