logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crimonist  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 2:53:57 AM(UTC)
crimonist

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been using VMix for a few years now but have not really explored the ability to use both the A & B replay channels as separate inputs. It feels really powerful, but how do you unlock the potential?

Do any folks here use two replay ops on different controllers? Or do you set up a single skilled operator who switches back and forth between the channels via their controller?

Tim  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2022 12:30:21 AM(UTC)
Tim

+1
Radiotvpat1982  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2022 2:00:29 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crimonist Go to Quoted Post
I have been using VMix for a few years now but have not really explored the ability to use both the A & B replay channels as separate inputs. It feels really powerful, but how do you unlock the potential?

Do any folks here use two replay ops on different controllers? Or do you set up a single skilled operator who switches back and forth between the channels via their controller?

There are a couple 3rd Party MDI controllers that include a config file that you load to VMIX for A&B control plus all other typical replay funtions.
Look at TYST-REW 380 and the Winwet HY-SMP880 (sub $500.00 USD)
One advantage to MIDI controllers is that you can easily reassign any of the keys.

There are also some more advanced options from X-Keys, JL Cooper and Skaarhoj at a higher price.

If you really needed a budget solution you could program a Behringer X-TOUCH ONE Universal Control Surface yourself which is about $180.00 USD

If you buy two controllers you could tie them to two different channels but I personally dont know how sharing the same replay interface will work with 2 different operators. Not saying its not possible, just might be really difficult.

As a really heavy user of VMIX Replay I can say I dont use the B channel often. I instead use some commands to punch multiple angles on the same channel. VMIX replay does have a few things that are limiting and a little clunky compared to devoted replay solutions.

Feel free to DM me if you have any advanced questions.........

thanks 1 user thanked Radiotvpat1982 for this useful post.
lyco on 5/5/2023(UTC)
MatVan  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 6:53:26 PM(UTC)
MatVan

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I use Vmix Replay with channel A/B with de LoupeDeck CT controler and it is very powerfull. You can use Vmix replay on the LSM (EVS)way. You link A an B channel you click on a live shortcut and select wanted camera for each channel. When you want replay you can use the JumpToNow shortcut on channel A, B or both A/B, you jog on channel b for find the good begining frame you play replay immediatly you go to channel A jog the correct begining point on another angle camera and you can use a shorcut who switch channel A et B and who automaticaly play your vidéo on channel B and you can repeat that for another camera angle or another in point.
After playing replay you can mark in and out point for bank event you want to keep. in this way you have just some event that you want to keep and not all the replay you have use during the live.
For this exemple i precise than i use channel B for the replay diffusion but it's possible to use de channel A, I prefer this way because visualy i have preview on left and programm on right.
I just hope than VMIX add the possibility to create a fade beteween A and B channel for better transition when you use the A/B swapp channel shortcut. Another good thing for the futur would be to add possibility to mark some place on the replay timeline for easly return on an important moment of the live when you need.
thanks 1 user thanked MatVan for this useful post.
lyco on 5/5/2023(UTC)