logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benztownrocker  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 7:18:41 AM(UTC)
Benztownrocker

Groups: Registered
Germany

I would like to set a Trigger on a Input with Videos then he is in Program to set a Input on a Layer of another Input.
-->I programed a Splitscreen with the Camera on a Layer to the right and on the other Layer on the left Side i do the Powerpoint or the Video. If i play the Video in Program the DSM should show the Video on Layer 1 to, and if i show the Powerpoint Input in Program the DSM Input should change to the Powerpoint Input in Layer 1. I use the DSM Input on Output to show the Moderator or Speaker.
This would be realy helpful!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 8:32:22 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Benztownrocker Go to Quoted Post
I would like to set a Trigger on a Input with Videos then he is in Program to set a Input on a Layer of another Input.
-->if i play the Video in Program the DSM should show the Video on Layer 1 to, and if i show the Powerpoint Input in Program the DSM Input should change to the Powerpoint Input in Layer 1. I use the DSM Input on Output to show the Moderator or Speaker.

use a looping script (which makes it a trigger) that reads which input is in program (active) and put the same input in the layer. Info of active input is in the API XML as such your personal unique request is granted
Benztownrocker  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 11:40:12 PM(UTC)
Benztownrocker

Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
-->if i play the Video in Program the DSM should show the Video on Layer 1 to, and if i show the Powerpoint Input in Program the DSM Input should change to the Powerpoint Input in Layer 1. I use the DSM Input on Output to show the Moderator or Speaker.

use a looping script (which makes it a trigger) that reads which input is in program (active) and put the same input in the layer. Info of active input is in the API XML as such your personal unique request is granted

Can you explain this in more detail?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 12:01:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

The API XML holds a lot of information regarding your current state of your vMix setup. Can see it here http://127.0.0.1:8088/api when vMix is running
With scripts one can retrieve some of that information and act upon it (like triggering an action)
There is a lot of information regarding scripting and retrieving that information in the "scripting for dummies" post to get you going creating a cutom script for your goal
Benztownrocker  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 2:46:00 AM(UTC)
Benztownrocker

Germany

The API XML holds a lot of information regarding your current state of your vMix setup. Can see it here http://127.0.0.1:8088/api when vMix is running
With scripts one can retrieve some of that information and act upon it (like triggering an action)
There is a lot of information regarding scripting and retrieving that information in the "scripting for dummies" post to get you going creating a cutom script for your goal

I'm familiar with scripting but it sounds a bit complicated for a simple Trigger and i don't know how i can write a script like that.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 4:16:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I'm familiar with scripting but it sounds a bit complicated for a simple Trigger and i don't know how i can write a script like that.

Noticing that you are familiar with scripting and all the info can be found in the forum post i refered to this exmaple script will do what you want when you call it (with a shortcut). Should not be to hard to add some code to make it run continuously to act on any change in the output

Code:
dim ActiveIn as string 
dim xml as string=API.XML()
dim x as new system.xml.xmldocument
x.loadxml(xml)

ActiveIn= (x.SelectSingleNode("//active").InnerText)
API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="inputname",Value:="1," & ActiveIn)