logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 4:14:57 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I know this issue was mentioned some time ago, but still can not find the answer I am lookinhg for, so I am going tt ask it here:....
Can Multicorder record audio from all the input sources along with the audio from the Output, or is one or the other and not both....
Thank you
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 8:53:43 PM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The MultiCorder feature provides the option to either record the vMix Master Audio, the Input audio or None, as such, there are no other options than that.

vMix Greg
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 10:47:43 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Yes, I know that, but what I meant, can I select separate audio inputs for each....I notice that for my cameras, I put receivers on them, mostly for the ambient sound, and would like to have that recorded along with master audio on the output, but I realise that I can only do one at a time, that is, Master audio, or input audio......I found a workaround though,....I use Panel Builder to run a script that triggers both Multicorder and Record at the same time, so I can use the input audio for Multicorder, and Master audio for the regular recording.....and it seems to work ok.......

Thanks
WaltG12  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2023 8:09:26 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
There's actually a few options.

The MultiCorder can record the 4 outputs, each of which can have their own bus designated as the audio device for that output. Selecting that output in the Multicorder with the option selected to record input audio will give you that bus for that recording. The default audio device for Output 1 is Master. You can change default audio buses for the outputs in the "outputs" tab in Settings. Just click the gear icon next to each output.

So unless you've made adjustments or are using your 4 outputs for something else, that's the easiest way to get a recording of your Master audio, as well as up to 3 additional buses.

If that's not an option, there's another workaround that's a bit more complicated.

I don't know if it's enabled by default or if you need to click the edit icon in the "Camera" input to enable it, but you can add the vMix Master Audio as an audio input device in vMix (it's simply titled "vMix Audio").

You can then add a dummy camera (preferably a virtual webcam, such as the vMix External Video, which is also an option) and select vMix Audio as the Audio Input device for that camera.

Make sure you take it off the Master, but have audio enabled.

You can then select that dummy camera, with the Master audio, in your Multicorder.

Just make sure you never cut to your dummy camera, as well as, and I cannot stress this enough, making sure the audio isn't muted and is NOT routed to the Master bus.
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 9:57:24 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I don't quite get it....I want the audio from the INPUTS, not the outputs.....I see all my cameras listed in Multicorder, so I selected them, and I also selected Output 1, but with the Audio, I can not select the audio separately, it is either or, and not a combination.....so my work around was to select input, and made a trigger to select Record which I am using Master audio ....but I wish that Martin and his team could make a way where the user can select a different audio source for each input.....That would be great
WaltG12  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 10:57:42 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I can not select the audio separately

I don't know what you mean by this. Audio can't be separately selected in the Multicorder at all.

It can record video files with audio, as well as WAV files of that same audio.

You said you wanted one of those files to include the Master audio. I told you two ways to go about doing that.

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
so my work around was to select input, and made a trigger to select Record which I am using Master audio

Hence my telling you that your workaround is needlessly complicating your situation and 2 ways to achieve the exact same ends within the Multicorder itself.