logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sautez  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 6:09:40 PM(UTC)
sautez

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there a way to dynamically select the next two rows of data in a google sheets data source such that if I have the following.

Bobby 1pm
John 2pm
Sara 3pm
Veronica 4pm

so, if I select in the data source manage the first row, I can also show in the title editor the one select plus one so it would look like.

Bobby-1pm
Next up: John 2pm

Then when I move the selected forward to John. it would now change the title to:

John- 2pm
Next Up: Sara 3pm

doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 6:35:46 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sautez Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to dynamically select the next two rows of data in a google sheets data source such that if I have the following.

Bobby 1pm
John 2pm
Sara 3pm
Veronica 4pm

so, if I select in the data source manage the first row, I can also show in the title editor the one select plus one so it would look like.

Bobby-1pm
Next up: John 2pm

Then when I move the selected forward to John. it would now change the title to:

John- 2pm
Next Up: Sara 3pm

Think the best option would be to create another sheet with extra columns added representing the next row of data and use that

Screenshot 2023-01-24 093840.jpg (25kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
sautez  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 4:45:39 AM(UTC)
sautez

United States

That would work if the data was static but I'm not entering the data. Another will be updating and changing as they need.
I kind of think I may have to write some complex onEdit plus set value to new location spreadsheet.

I would like to see the ability to reference the sheet relative to what I have selected in the data source.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sautez Go to Quoted Post
That would work if the data was static but I'm not entering the data. Another will be updating and changing as they need.
I kind of think I may have to write some complex onEdit plus set value to new location spreadsheet.

I would like to see the ability to reference the sheet relative to what I have selected in the data source.

above was just an example
Google sheets ( just like Excel) has many ways of manipulating data ( to another sheet to be used as datasource) to what you need automatically (with the right formulas) based on what the other person is updating on the main sheet
Doesnt have to be complex at all

Another option is to consider converting rows to columns and select the appropriate colums to refer to instead

The other option is to manipulate the data externally (app) with more control on what to send to the title but will be more complex and initial work than the above

Anywy the whole point of data source use is that they dont have to have static content and can regularly update
sautez  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 3:02:07 PM(UTC)
sautez

United States

Yes agree that the spreadsheet can have a tool that updates a known row/column that I pull from. I get that, but was wonder if there was a filter/query solution from the vmix client side that I could use. Something like. {Selected +1 } that would return the row of data and I could use that was a solution. Would be a nice feature in vMix for the Titles where I could pull the selected and next X number of data with a simple "filter" or add to the "format" section. so, could be format: {[x +1] {0}] Where X is the selected row number and {0} is the contents of the column defined on that row.

I'll just fix the spreadsheet to produce a known row/column set and do selection in the spreadsheet to update.

Thanks for the suggestion.