logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johnbaires  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 3:57:53 AM(UTC)
Johnbaires

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I am new here and just ran across a problem and just trying to see if there is anyway around it.
So basically I work for a company that streams to multiple different platforms and the other day we had an incident where we lost internet connection for about 2 to 3 seconds. So obviously the stream went down for about 15 seconds for it to buffer, so is there anyway or setting that during that time the stream would continue as if nothing ever happened. Like the audience wouldn't be able to tell that we lost connection for that short time?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 5:56:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Johnbaires Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am new here and just ran across a problem and just trying to see if there is anyway around it.
So basically I work for a company that streams to multiple different platforms and the other day we had an incident where we lost internet connection for about 2 to 3 seconds. So obviously the stream went down for about 15 seconds for it to buffer, so is there anyway or setting that during that time the stream would continue as if nothing ever happened. Like the audience wouldn't be able to tell that we lost connection for that short time?

Interesting question. No data going through but pretend it is like switching off a light but pretend it still is giving off light. The streaming to platform should be able to handle that with some AI that generates (guesses) the missing images.
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Johnbaires on 1/24/2023(UTC)
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 7:42:39 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I would strongly recommend a bonding device that provides an "unbreakable" and combined connection.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
Johnbaires on 1/24/2023(UTC)
Johnbaires  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 11:24:36 PM(UTC)
Johnbaires

United States

Yeah lol! I thought the same thing it would kinda difficult to pull off without any internet but when the big guy who signs the check tells me I need to figure it out i got to try my due diligence!