logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Widget  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 1:11:31 PM(UTC)
Widget

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, all.

I'm certain I'm missing something and am hoping someone can quickly make me feel foolish. Using the 60-day demo and love vMix to death. Literally about to put the $$ down today, but wanted to run a quick test on YouTube to confirm 4K. I've set my Display Output to 2160p29.97 and my stream settings to YouTube to the H264 2160p setting (though I increased the bitrate to 35000 from 30000 - I have 1GB up/down fiber that sits at about 900MB up/down actual performance). The streams look great, but they never go beyond 1440p. I watched Tim's video from 5 years ago and the event creation on YouTube is completely different now and I cannot find any location to manually set the stream to 4K - it seems they auto detect the resolution/bitrate from vMix or other software encoders.

I'm certain I'm missing a simple setting somewhere - any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Widget  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 1:20:00 PM(UTC)
Widget

Groups: Registered
United States

Here is some further information - this is the error that we are getting from the YouTube console

vmixerror.jpg (141kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

It seems like there is a YouTube setting that we need to change, and I just can't find anything on it anywhere. Obviously it isn't a bandwidth issue, and the stream is perfect quality in 1440 and lower. I haven't clicked the yellow box for fear of ending the stream mid-show, and it didn't seem to pop up when I streamed unlisted (which makes it a more difficult issue to deal with).

Any help is greatly appreciated.