logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
icm1812  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2022 12:19:25 AM(UTC)
icm1812

Groups: Registered
Argentina

Hello there. I have an issue using Instant Replay with my Blackmagic ATEM Mini. Here is a video with some testing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nQVdEP_vjdxoSKqcuRKkCmq8ZNrsBsM8/view?usp=sharing

So, as you can see there, I have my BMD ATEM Mini receiving video from a computer via HDMI, with a random football match. The situation is the same with any of my cameras (Sony NX100, Sony HD1000E) that goes into ATEM Mini. I start an Instant replay feature in which any parameter does not solve the problem. LQ, SQ, HQ, hard drive, solid drive, in all cases it happens the same. I start recording and when I see the preview, the instant replay doesn't work well. At 100% speed, the image is accelerated and there are frames that freeze for a second. Same happens when I decrease the playback speed, that behavior with freezed frames is maintained. I work in small sports productions (my HD1000E gives me away) but it is unacceptable to present instant replays of certain moments when they look like this.

At 1:28, I disconnect the HDMI cable from the input 1 of my ATEM Mini and I connect it to my Elgato Camlink HD capture device, which I have had for years. I do the same procedure and when I see the preview for the rest of the video, even changing the speed of instant replay, it works perfectly. So, the problem is in the ATEM Mini.

It is not the USB-C cable (alredy tested more than one), it is not any parameter in the Instant Replay as I sayd before (I connect the Camlink with exactly the same settings that the ATEM Mini had and it works smoothly), I have no more ideas. The ATEM mini is a very useful product but I need to use this function in my events. What's wrong?

Thank you
Machtl  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2022 7:55:50 PM(UTC)
Machtl

Austria

You're vMix is working in 1080p59,94 mode. Are you sure your BMD Mini is set to the same format via the USB-Out?
icm1812  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2022 10:52:00 AM(UTC)
icm1812

Argentina

Originally Posted by: Machtl Go to Quoted Post
You're vMix is working in 1080p59,94 mode. Are you sure your BMD Mini is set to the same format via the USB-Out?

atem.png (189kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

atem 2.png (764kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

atem 3.png (472kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/...adl_WG6/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the terrible quality, I don't have anymore the second laptop I was using, so I used my Sony NX100 and my phone. But the frozen frames are there.

Here goes everything with 1080 60p:

atem 5.png (90kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

atem 4.png (195kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

atem 8.png (477kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

atem 7.png (760kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/...cqlIat8/view?usp=sharing

I am out of ideas
Miles  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2022 11:43:22 AM(UTC)
Miles

Australia

ATEM Mini is happiest at 29.97 fps. I ran Instant Replay yesterday without trouble from the ATEM. I did have trouble earlier with a USB camera attached to the Instant Replay, seized everything up. Once I removed the USB it went very smoothly.

PS my first games using vMix.
aaron804  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 11:22:49 AM(UTC)
aaron804

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Webcams (and ATEM's that appear as webcams) are not supported by vMix replay according to the official documentation. You can pass it through an output as a workaround. https://www.vmix.com/hel...tm?WorkflowOverview.html
FoosballSportsNetwork  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 4:51:41 AM(UTC)
FoosballSportsNetwork

United States

I had the same issue with the Atem mini. Changing it from USB to hdmi program out on the atem fixed the issue using a camlink 4k.