logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crooker  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:52:34 PM(UTC)
crooker

Groups: Registered

(I apologize for my fairly large number of questions lately... I am embarking on an exciting series of projects with vMix as the centerpiece, and I will be asking questions to the Forum where I can't find the answer in the manual. :)

With regards to: Automatically Restart Active Output Input with Transition

I have several video clips which I wish to use in my productions. However, I find that all the videos, once played a bit, always start where they were paused.

While I did click the Restart Active Output Input in the settings, the videos seem to refuse to want to RE-start when they are activated. All the other features work... they pause when they are deactivated fine (which tends to cause the issue).

Sometimes in practice, I forget to re-cue a video, and when I hit GO, they activate somewhere in the middle. This is not a good thing.

I know that, once in production, I will be too busy running the show to remember cueing up a bunch of videos I may have stopped half way in rehearsal.

Any ideas why this feature might not be working properly?

My videos are all Alpha Channel Quicktime .mov files.

Thanks for your continued help. I can't wait to get my hands 'dirty' with vMix in production in September!
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:23:08 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ crooker

Not sure I completely understand what you have done with "Restart Active Output".
If you open the settings of the actual video input and tick the box that says "Automatically Restart with Transition" (as well as whatever other settings you want) your issue should be resolved.

Ice
crooker  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2014 1:43:12 PM(UTC)
crooker

IceStream wrote:
@ crooker

Not sure I completely understand what you have done with "Restart Active Output".
If you open the settings of the actual video input and tick the box that says "Automatically Restart with Transition" (as well as whatever other settings you want) your issue should be resolved.

Ice

Yes... I discovered that.

I didn't realize is that there was also an "Automatically Restart with Transition" on each individual input source... and when I set the global setting, it didn't re-set the individual ones (which it shouldn't).

So there really never was a problem. Everything is working as it should. I just didn't update the input in question.

Thanks for your reply!