logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
graetzy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 4:59:08 PM(UTC)
graetzy

Groups: Registered
Australia

I've recently added a Magewell Pro Capture SDI 4K+ card to my main Vmix rig. I'm putting a 4K show together with 5 cameras and so far Vmix only sees the Magewell as a single input. The card has 4 physical inputs on it. I'm running the High Performance driver which on the Magewell site seems to indicate that it can provide at least two 180mb/s streams of vision.

I've followed the instructions to access the Magewell setting dialog from within Vmix (under Advanced->Filters->) - see attached image. But under the 'Input' tab it only shows me one available input (SDI 0). I've got two active cameras running into two of the physical connections on the card to try and wake up the 'auto-scan' feature it refers to - but no luck so far.

Has anyone out there successfully used one of these cards with Vmix to get more than one input working? I'm also using a Decklink 8K Pro in this build, and I've managed to use all 4 connections on that (3 inputs and 1 output). So far I've got 4 cameras connected successfully (3 via Decklink, 1 via Magewell). Interestingly the latency between the two manufacturers is pretty spot on which is a nice bonus.

Any advice would be super appreciated.

Cheers,
graetzy

magwelldialog01.png (21kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 5:58:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

As per the Magewell web site, this is a single channel card only.
The extra 3 ports are for some kinds of cameras that send out a single 4K signal via multiple cables instead of just one.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 11/27/2022(UTC)
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2022 3:30:41 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
As per the Magewell web site, this is a single channel card only.
The extra 3 ports are for some kinds of cameras that send out a single 4K signal via multiple cables instead of just one.

To quote the Magewell web site:-

Capture one 12G-SDI signal in one of the following connecting methods:

Single-link 12G-SDI
Dual-link 6G-SDI
Quad-link 3G-SDI

If you're only using one connection for your 4K signal, then the camera is outputting 12G SDI on a single port. It was really only in the earlier days of 4K, before 12G became established, that adding 4K output capability involved using four 3G signals in parallel, each carrying a different quarter of the image as a standard 1920x1080 HD signal.