logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Owallen  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 1:47:43 AM(UTC)
Owallen

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As computer monitors are getting higher and higher resolutions I feel it would be great if the max resolution of the inputs are extended from 400 x 300 px to 640 x 480 or even 960 x 720.
thanks 1 user thanked Owallen for this useful post.
Ario on 12/26/2022(UTC)
RichShumaker  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 4:36:35 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I am certainly confused by this post.

What exactly are you saying?
Also how does it impact your production.

If you had this yesterday how would it have helped you today?
paco3346  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 11:30:11 PM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
They're talking about the input thumbnails.
thanks 2 users thanked paco3346 for this useful post.
Owallen on 11/19/2022(UTC), RichShumaker on 11/19/2022(UTC)
mavik  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 1:01:26 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Please leave as is. Not everyboday has a 50 core high end workstation with a ton of resources and an 16k monitor display at hand.
Owallen  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 1:34:50 AM(UTC)
Owallen

Sweden

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Please leave as is. Not everyboday has a 50 core high end workstation with a ton of resources and an 16k monitor display at hand.

To add the posibility to choose from 2 higher resolutions in the thumbnails will not affect your workflow what so ever. It will only give those users with high end workstations and high res monitors the posibility to get a clearer view of the inputs.
If you didn't know you set this size yourself in the "Display" tab in the settings. It's called "Input Size". Feel free to use what ever resolution your eys or system will allow.
Owallen  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 1:40:54 AM(UTC)
Owallen

Sweden

Originally Posted by: RichShumaker Go to Quoted Post

I'm talking about the input thumbnails. If it would be possible to have them in a higher resolution it would be easier to make sure careas are in focus or make it easier to read text in titles without having to put the input in preview.
With a 40" 4K monitor connected to the vMix computer it would make a real difference.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 3:32:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Owallen Go to Quoted Post

I'm talking about the input thumbnails. If it would be possible to have them in a higher resolution it would be easier to make sure careas are in focus or make it easier to read text in titles without having to put the input in preview.
With a 40" 4K monitor connected to the vMix computer it would make a real difference.

If on makes a multiview with the important inputs to output one can have each input representation the size one wants
RichShumaker  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 4:10:46 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)

Excellent I understand the feature request now

Now I need to feel the pain. Meaning how has it adversely effected you. Did you lose any clients because of this? Did you production go sideways or look "wonky".

I need X is only important when you give the Why.

I want vMix VR but I have no real pain if I don't have it. My show runs fine without vMix VR. By comparison I had zero chance of lining up my shot with the rule of thirds before guides were added. That was a Big Pain The vMix team saw the need I had and added that guide and a Lot more.

How has having too small of thumbnails effected your production.

I could see reasons why someone might need this except I don't and so I am trying to understand the "production" reason for it

You gotta sell these feature requests to make the need outweigh the work required to make it happen
Owallen  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 5:08:31 AM(UTC)
Owallen

Sweden

Excellent I understand the feature request now

Now I need to feel the pain. Meaning how has it adversely effected you. Did you lose any clients because of this? Did you production go sideways or look "wonky".

I need X is only important when you give the Why.

I want vMix VR but I have no real pain if I don't have it. My show runs fine without vMix VR. By comparison I had zero chance of lining up my shot with the rule of thirds before guides were added. That was a Big Pain The vMix team saw the need I had and added that guide and a Lot more.

How has having too small of thumbnails effected your production.

I could see reasons why someone might need this except I don't and so I am trying to understand the "production" reason for it

You gotta sell these feature requests to make the need outweigh the work required to make it happen

Youre actually saying that all developments and improvements has to be motivated by initially causing pain of some sort?
Wouldn't it be enough if the improvement just caused something smoother or more enjoyable?
I doubt I lost any customer because of too small thumbnails in the UI but it soure would have made some things easier at times.
I guess you think 4K TV's are completely unnecessary as well as full HD TV's never caused you any pain?
thanks 1 user thanked Owallen for this useful post.
Ario on 12/26/2022(UTC)
Production Department  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2022 8:47:30 AM(UTC)
Production Department

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Identification and reaction time are key in live productions. Input visibility affects camera focus, framing, unwanted items on set, reaction time to unexpected events, etc.. Does this cost you money? When live, it’s an embarrassing hit to your professional reputation (if you have one). When recording it’s very costly to clean up something in post that would have taken seconds to correct if noticed on the input. Also, instead of being hardwired the entire input panel should be detachable to take advantage of multiple monitor setups. This is a feature that has been requested for years. Lastly, it would be really helpful to customize frame colors which are now hardwired blue. This way you could quickly identify, stage: Green, commercials: Red, field reporters: Purple, etc.
thanks 2 users thanked Production Department for this useful post.
Ario on 12/26/2022(UTC), Owallen on 1/25/2024(UTC)
Ario  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2022 6:17:57 AM(UTC)
Ario

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
+1

As computer monitors are getting higher and higher resolutions I feel it would be great if the max resolution of the inputs are extended from 400 x 300 px to 640 x 480 or even 960 x 720.