logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Delayne  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 12:04:33 AM(UTC)
Delayne

Groups: Registered

We have been having issues with audio dropping(or buffering) out during our church service during music which includes organ, piano, or children's bells. This issue did not exist until 5-6 weeks ago so I removed windows 11 update to go back to an older version and I also went back to Vmix 24.0.0.72 which is what we were on before this problem arose. I tried several things last night to see if I could resolve the issue.

I have tried different resolutions for video, I have deleted the device on the computer which automatically reloads.

Some of the things I read talk about an audio card but I am not sure how to check this.

I am not sure if it is related but we save our camera and audio settings as well as the you tube and facebook streaming information in a preset file which we open each service. Recently, the camera is not showing when we open the file so we have to manually add the device.

We are thankful that the talking streams properly so Bible readings, sermons, and prayers can all be heard but our viewers would really like to hear the service music again too.

Any ideas on how to solve this is greatly appreciated.
cfweeks  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 1:40:18 AM(UTC)
cfweeks

Groups: Registered
United States

I started having a similar issue 5-6 weeks ago, after a windows update. In my case, the stream audio was always ok. But, whenever I played a video clip from vmix, I send the video-feed to a projector and the audio-feed to the church sound-mixer, so the video clip can be enjoyed in the sanctuary and on the stream at the same time. After this recent windows update, the audio-feed to the sound mixer would randomly drop-out.

On my Windows computer, there is an additional sound-card, with the audio-out connected to the sound mixer. After some time, I discovered that the sound-card was getting randomly disabled in Windows. I could work-around the issue by going to Windows-Settings-Sound to re-enable the sound-card. I concluded that Vmix was randomly disabling the sound-card; but didn't know how/why.
I ended up reviewing/changing my Vmix Audio Output settings to resolve the issue.

BEFORE
MAIN: sound-card
HEADPHONES: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

AFTER
MAIN: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
HEADPHONES: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Audio Bus A: sound-card

I also changed the vmix-audio-mixer for my vmix-video-clip-inputs to send audio to M(main) and A(Audio Bus A). All other vmix-inputs only send audio to M(main).
After making these setup changes, my audio-drop-out problems disappeared.

I realize this not your exact situation. But hoping it may offer a clue as to what is happening to you.