logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Naschbagel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 5:40:42 PM(UTC)
Naschbagel

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hey there!

First time posting here, hope you're doing fine today? :)

I've got a question regarding looping inside a video / animation:

On my newest production we've got alot of animated lower 3rds and "half screens". Unfortunately they designed those layers with a fancy build up + down animation AND animations in the background.
That wouldn't be a problem if I could just play the video and they render it for me in the correct length. BUT the production wishes to "pause" during the whole animation so that the caster can read the content (for example Schedule). I can't figure out in my head how I could loop the background during the time the schedule is shown within the whole animation file.

Is there a way to loop inside a video? For example, the build up animation is 2s, the content is shown for 5s and then the build down animation is again 2s. Can I loop those 5s between the animations? At the moment I'd build a sequence out of 3 videos. Have the build up animation played, then merge/dissolve to the content layer and as soon as I want the graphic to be gone I start the build down animation.

Any ideas how I could somehow do all this in 1 file? Because we're gonna use a lot (approx 25) animations/lower 3rds during the show and I'm scared, that too many files would overload our system.

Also sidequestion: What's the best video format I could use for such said animations?

Thanks for your help! :)
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 3:11:52 AM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
If the animation is video based I see the only option to split it in three part as you already said.
The other option is to rebuild it in GT designer as a title. You then have the advantage to use an overlay channel. Activate it would play the IN-animation and loops the background animation as long as the overlay is active. When switching the overlay off it will play the out animation.

Hope that helps and good luck