logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WesleyFernandes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 11:57:25 PM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello friends, I know that there are other shortcuts that have already been requested here on the forum, but I have gained access to other replay hardware with Dyno, EVS, 3Play, Simple Live and I have analyzed its operation in every detail, I have analyzed what it actually is possible to be implemented in vMix to improve the experience of the replay operator that comes from other hardware to vMix, these shortcuts that are really necessary and have not yet been applied in vMix Replay.

Here is a possible list of new shortcuts needed:

- Go To: When you activate this shortcut it takes you to the timecode in or out of the selected event or last, important to make the adjustment using the shortcut UpdateInPoint and UpdateOutPoint.

-> ReplayGoToInPointSelectedEvent
-> ReplayGoToOutPointSelectedEvent
-> ReplayGoToInPointLastEvent
-> ReplayGoToOutPointLastEvent

- JogWheel On/Off Toggle: Leaving the JogWheel OFF when Play is triggered to avoid accidentally touching the Jog and pausing the clip currently playing. As with other replay hardware that avoids this accident. This shortcut could work alone (manual on/off) or linked to PlayPause, PlaySelected, PlayLast, PlayAll, PlayByID (automated).

-> ReplayJogWheelToggle (checkbox option "activate on play")

- SelectMultipleEvent(clips): Shortcut that is activated allows you to select multiple clips as is done using CTRL or Shift on the keyboard, but a shortcut that makes it possible to use a midi controller with this function and thus not use mouse and keyboard in operations.

-> ReplaySelectMultipleEvent: Just like CTRL + mouse click.
To select all the events of the tab (playlist) there is already PlayAll.

These are my suggestions, there are more options that would also be interesting to have as already posted on the forum.
thanks 6 users thanked WesleyFernandes for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 11/4/2022(UTC), reustaquio on 11/5/2022(UTC), joaocepa on 11/9/2022(UTC), xun on 12/4/2022(UTC), Ario on 12/26/2022(UTC), omo on 3/29/2023(UTC)
eduardocfs  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 12:17:09 AM(UTC)
eduardocfs

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
+1
RichDanby  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 8:10:21 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You can get some of those with existing shortcuts:-
ReplayGoToInPointSelectedEvent = ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint -1 and ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint 1 (could just use 1 if you don't mind points moving by a frame)
ReplayGoToOutPointSelectedEvent similar
ReplayGoToInPointLastEvent = ReplaySelectLastEvent, ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint -1 and ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint 1
ReplayGoToOutPointLastEvent similar

WesleyFernandes  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 3:35:47 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RichDanby Go to Quoted Post
You can get some of those with existing shortcuts:-
ReplayGoToInPointSelectedEvent = ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint -1 and ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint 1 (could just use 1 if you don't mind points moving by a frame)
ReplayGoToOutPointSelectedEvent similar
ReplayGoToInPointLastEvent = ReplaySelectLastEvent, ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint -1 and ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint 1
ReplayGoToOutPointLastEvent similar

Yes friend has these two shortcuts, which could simply receive frame 0 just to get to the in or out point of the clip. It would already solve the problem.
reustaquio  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2022 5:10:32 AM(UTC)
reustaquio

Brazil

+1
kardellivemedia  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 7:33:27 PM(UTC)
kardellivemedia

Man
Brazil

Originally Posted by: WesleyFernandes Go to Quoted Post
Hello friends, I know that there are other shortcuts that have already been requested here on the forum, but I have gained access to other replay hardware with Dyno, EVS, 3Play, Simple Live and I have analyzed its operation in every detail, I have analyzed what it actually is possible to be implemented in vMix to improve the experience of the replay operator that comes from other hardware to vMix, these shortcuts that are really necessary and have not yet been applied in vMix Replay.

- Go To: When you activate this shortcut it takes you to the timecode in or out of the selected event or last, important to make the adjustment using the shortcut UpdateInPoint and UpdateOutPoint.

- JogWheel On/Off Toggle: Leaving the JogWheel OFF when Play is triggered to avoid accidentally touching the Jog and pausing the clip currently playing. As with other replay hardware that avoids this accident. This shortcut could work alone (manual on/off) or linked to PlayPause, PlaySelected, PlayLast, PlayAll, PlayByID (automated).

- SelectMultipleEvent(clips): Shortcut that is activated allows you to select multiple clips as is done using CTRL or Shift on the keyboard, but a shortcut that makes it possible to use a midi controller with this function and thus not use mouse and keyboard in operations.

These are my suggestions, there are more options that would also be interesting to have as already posted on the forum.

juniortvi  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 8:36:31 PM(UTC)
juniortvi

Brazil

+1
joaocepa  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2022 1:48:32 AM(UTC)
joaocepa

Portugal

+1

Denis Kissner  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2022 1:07:40 AM(UTC)
Denis Kissner

Brazil

+1
Ario  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2022 6:11:30 AM(UTC)
Ario

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
+1