logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HWL1223  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2022 12:45:22 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Trying to use the stock GT Ticker to do end-credit-titles.
When I put it in the Preview window, none of the controls work nor does the slider (neither Preview window or Input panel box). I have to do a Reload from the Input Panel TWICE and then it starts, but not before flashing the previous Preview window frame (the last image used, apparently). Then the scroll works.
All the text is text I pasted into the Text panel and the Timer is set to 5, Top and Add.
Everything else in the vMix setup is working fine, including other titles.
Any help? Thanks
HWL1223  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2022 6:28:48 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
in case anyone else runs into this and needs a typical credit roll ... here's how I am cheating this - simply and stupidly but it works!

1. I am inserting plain old cut-and-paste text from a Word doc, converted to RTF. Basically, one credit per line.
2. I added about 5 dots and 5 spaces at the head, and a date at the tail.
3. Timer speed 6, Top, Add. Made my "general" font, size and color adjustments. (Ticker1.Text)
4. On the Input gear, unclick all the "Automatically"s except the "Play on Transition"
5. Put the Input panel in Play, not pause.
6. When its showtime, put the panel in Preview. Right click the Input panel and hit Reload until you see the dots scrolling up. You then have 2 choices; cut/fade to Program, or pause it (might require a double-tap!) and cut/fade as required (with the auto-play on transition).

Another option is to go to a black slide to cover the transition. Remember, the reason for not doing this live in Program is the ugly frame-glitch when doing the Reload. (hence the dots to see the roll working and give you reaction time...)

You're welcome.