logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
avsolution  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 11:36:40 PM(UTC)
avsolution

Groups: Registered
Italy

Hello i have a big problem with video output latency.
I have a decklink duo2 mini into a sonnetch echo SEL conneted with thunderbolt 3 to my laptop acer predator helios 700 Intel® Core™ i9-10980HK Octa-core 2,40 GHz,32 GB, DDR4 SDRAM,NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 SUPER con 8 GB.
I connect 3 camera in SDI and i use in hdmi from graphic card the full screen on a projector.
I have 1 sec of latency and is a problem for my live events,because the camera on the projectors have this delay.
How i can solve it?
thanks all
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:13:25 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
You do have a big problem :-) You are using the wrong tool for the job. VMix is designed for live streaming. For anything requiring iMag, you’ll need a hardware switcher like a Barco E2, or something as simple as an Atem mini.

The delay you are seeing is perfectly normal for a software switcher and unlocked inputs/outputs.
avsolution  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
avsolution

Italy

Thanks for the response,I know vmix is for streaming,but sometimes the customer want to show on the projectors all the vmix Grafic animation,two box,overlay etc... and when I speak with other vmix tech the latency is half second or less,not a second as like append to me,and so I think I can change some setting on my workstation or graphic card for have less latency.
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:32:41 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
You can check the performance settings for low latency capture, I find that high end machines process faster. I believe running the system at 60p will also help. Anything running on NDI will add a ton of latency as well.

Our machines are probably only about 15 frames behind, but that would still be way too much for iMag or any of my clients. Again, you can do most of that with a $1200 Blackmagic mini extreme (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oU5V6y5-6BI), if budget is an issue. You can also bring lower thirds in via VMix to make things easier.
avsolution  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:44:09 AM(UTC)
avsolution

Italy

Thanks for your tips.
Yes sometimes I work with black magic extreme and ascender analog way and I have at maximum 10 frame of delay.
I think is the output of vmix,because the black magic mini duo 2 have 4/6frame of delay and vmix other 14/16 for the output,or the graphic card spent a lot of time for processing the video signal.
Now i use low latency mode,and high performance and the project is 25p and the camera 25p or 50i.
Salvatore  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 3:35:26 PM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: avsolution Go to Quoted Post

Now i use low latency mode,and high performance and the project is 25p and the camera 25p or 50i.

To minimize the Latency try to Set the Cams to 50p for your 25p project.