logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hsherman88  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 6:22:39 AM(UTC)
hsherman88

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

We use Vmix for all of our live shows and one of the main setbacks we have is with Audio and the lack of a prefade or professional level talkback option that doesn't require the levels to be up for the producer to communicate with guests on Vmix call.

We have built a pretty detailed shortcut button with a streamdeck based on the Vmix tutorials online but ultimately there is no way to have a talkback button that works separate of the audio input so our A1/Sound Mixer doesn't have to coordinate with our producer to manage audio levels while they are using the talk back.

(To clarify we have it triggered that the talkback automatically pulls guests out of the master and sets their audio to 80% but it would be great if upon release it went back to the previous audio setting or if it was a different input all together and didn't mess with the audio mix)

If there's anyway to create this in the future that would be great! Even if it was just letting virtual input duplicates have separate audio settings we could build it that way.

Best,
Harris
elvis55  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:08:42 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Creating a talk-back channel for vMix Call with shortcuts and controllers.
hsherman88  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 3:03:23 AM(UTC)
hsherman88

United States

Thanks Elvis, I've already followed this tutorial and this is the shortcut we currently have built. The only issue with this is I want an additional shortcut that returns the volume to the original value prior to the talk being activated so it doesn't interfere with the audio mix.

Do you know if there's a shortcut for that?

elvis55  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 3:46:29 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
hsherman88  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 5:01:39 AM(UTC)
hsherman88

United States

Thanks Elvis but the Triggers won't work for this either.

The closest thing I can find is this post about setting dynamic values for audio buses:

https://forums.vmix.com/...es-for-audio-bus-control

Ideally I would have a script that sets a dynamic value for each guest that records the most recent volume for each guest every few seconds so when we activate the talkback and then deactivate it, the volume returns to the most recent value in the mix.

Basically I'm running Vmix and connecting a X-touch and extender via Central Control so our Audio mixer is controlling audio there and it syncs with the software no problem, we have it so that when a talkback is activated, that audio input automatically changes to 80% volume, but would love to have this return to a dynamic value, but I'm not sure it's possible short of running a separate Vmix for audio and using that as this solution.