logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phil Tobitt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 2:34:28 AM(UTC)
Phil Tobitt

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 6/3/2020(UTC)
United Kingdom

Hi,

On larger productions for example, I may have a single input that is just a logo which may be used in many other multi-view layers on other inputs throughout my profile. If I wish to delete that logo input, it would be great to be able to check a list first to see where it is being used, just in case it is buried in a multi-view somewhere that I do in fact need. Also, this would help identify the inputs that need to be updated with a new layer perhaps once the logo has been removed.

Thanks,

Phil.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 4:12:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Phil Tobitt Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

On larger productions for example, I may have a single input that is just a logo which may be used in many other multi-view layers on other inputs throughout my profile. If I wish to delete that logo input, it would be great to be able to check a list first to see where it is being used, just in case it is buried in a multi-view somewhere that I do in fact need.

one can use the API XML to check this and search for the keynumber of that particular (logo image) input to tell you in what layers of which input it has been used.

open the api xml in a webbrowser and do a search on the key number of the image input (it will highlight each instance... or let a script make a list of some sort

Quote:
Also, this would help identify the inputs that need to be updated with a new layer perhaps once the logo has been removed.

Thanks,

Phil.

for changing/replacing with a new logo one just has to change the image in your logo input and everywhere used will update also

if you want to remove them just delete the input of your image logo, the input will be removed formall multiviews where it was
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Phil Tobitt on 9/14/2022(UTC)
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 5:28:42 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

use the vMix API as an xml datasource and use for xpath: /*//input[*[@key='*********-*****-****-****-*********']] where the *****-***...... is the key number of the image input

Will tell you any inputs of where at least once the image input is used in a layer

or go fancy and use that in a script to save the results in a txt file or so

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Phil Tobitt on 9/14/2022(UTC)
Phil Tobitt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 2:14:36 AM(UTC)
Phil Tobitt

You have been a member since:: 6/3/2020(UTC)
United Kingdom

Thanks very much, I will have a look at the API solution, sounds a good work around. Can't help felling that a button called 'Dependants' or something similar that just lists the inputs that reference that input would be cool too. Cheers.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 3:07:38 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Phil Tobitt Go to Quoted Post
Thanks very much, I will have a look at the API solution, sounds a good work around. Can't help felling that a button called 'Dependants' or something similar that just lists the inputs that reference that input would be cool too. Cheers.

JMO

To many buttons on screen would not be cool . On the other hand with the info given you can personalize the request ;-)
mavik  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 3:45:01 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I created a template with all sorts of placeholders that I can use for different productions. Load the project and use the change option of the input to update the placeholder to the given customer logo etc. This way the number of the input stays the same and if the template or shots of it is used in layers they all get update by it at the same time.
This works fantastic for backgrounds, callers (if they haven't connected yet), logos, compositions etc. For all the source I use a layered approach that the layer 1 is the placeholder which can be easily unchecked to make the natural input (caller, cam, etc) visible.

Hope you could follow.