logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ivanh3  
#1 Posted: : Sunday, February 20, 2022 2:05:45 AM(UTC)
ivanh3

Groups: Registered
United States

In OBS my Logitech G Pro X USB headset shows up as two audio inputs: the microphone and the headset itself. In vMix only the microphone shows up as input. The headset is not listed as an input option. Is this normally how vMix handles USB headsets?
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 6:50:39 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm inclined to say "yes", but I'm unclear on what you're asking. What exactly is the difference that OBS is drawing?

"Audio Inputs" in vMix are just that--inputs. It doesn't reflect output devices.

Wouldn't the microphone on the headset be the input device for the headset?

As far as inputs are concerned, what's the difference between the 2 devices in OBS (or any other program)?
ivanh3  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 2:31:31 PM(UTC)
ivanh3

United States

Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post
I'm inclined to say "yes", but I'm unclear on what you're asking. What exactly is the difference that OBS is drawing?

"Audio Inputs" in vMix are just that--inputs. It doesn't reflect output devices.

Wouldn't the microphone on the headset be the input device for the headset?

As far as inputs are concerned, what's the difference between the 2 devices in OBS (or any other program)?

Sorry. Let me clarify. OBS (for Windows anyway) allows you to use the outputs of audio devices as audio inputs. So in other words, if I have audio routed to the headset speakers, OBS allows me to bring that in as an audio input for a given scene.
ivanh3  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 3:07:01 PM(UTC)
ivanh3

United States

I think I figured it out. I can assign the headphone output to a vMix bus in settings and then bring that bus in as an input. Will test it out.
ivanh3  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2022 11:26:16 PM(UTC)
ivanh3

United States

Bringing this topic back as I was never able to figure this out. It works great in OBS, but OBS is clunky with guest interviews/calls.

I have a USB audio device. I want to bring the output of the device audio in.

In settings, I can assign the audio device to a bus.

I can then add an audio input and select the bus, but no audio comes through.

Am I doing something wrong?

What is the purpose of being able to select an audio bus as an audio input?

Thanks in advance.
cad80_99  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2022 4:30:51 PM(UTC)
cad80_99

United States

i think i know what you are tryin to do? are you trying to basically get your computer sound that comes thru your headphones to vmix so that vmix picks up your sound as well as for you to hear too? with a usb headset i had to download Voice meter (i use banana). then for hardware input 1, i select the headset microphone. hardware 2 i select cable output (this is another download from VB).

virtual inputs i have voicemeeter vaio, and voicememeter aux. then for outputs i have my headset.

you want to then type in run, control panel, then harware and sound, then sound.

in sound you want to select playback tab, and set voicemeeter input as default device, and you want to set voicemeeter aux input as default communications device.

then select recording tab and set voicemeeter output as default device and then voicemeeter aux output as default communication device.

then in vmix you select add input, then go down to audio input and select voicemeeter output. and it should now work.

one thing that i did but it kept causing an echo was similar to what you do with trying to set up a bus etc. so clear out anything you did. go to upper right corner and settings. then audio outputs and make sure all is set to none.

this at least worked for me. and i am now at least not only able to hear my headset mic in my recordings, but also desktop sounds.

the reason for above to set the communication one as well is if you use communication software like discord, you can set dicord up for that one and then if you are recording and dont want dicord conversations to pick up, thru the VB software you can mute that then.