logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom75  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 4:36:10 PM(UTC)
Tom75

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm adding an srt stream into vmix, since it's multi audio and I only want a specific audio pid, I'm using vlc. By adding audio-track-id=x with the matching pid in the options field when adding the input, this is working fine. What's not working is that vmix remembers this setting when you bring up a saved/recent input again. As soon as the options contains a = character, vmix doesn't save it down, without the = it gets saved. Seems to be a small bug but introduces risk if the options need to be added again and again when adding the input. Thank you for looking into this.
pba  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2022 7:13:49 AM(UTC)
pba

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
The main problem is: the SRT multi-audio is implemented badly in VMIX. You can't use audio pids in vmix SRT in and outs. This is a long time asked feature, the audio pids can solve all of our problems. Actually the SRT multi-audio is not industrial compliant, and its compatible only with myself - anyway I don't understand this at all. There is an industrial standard, everyone use it... VMIX team not, why?

yakkatv  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 6:22:34 AM(UTC)
yakkatv

Lithuania

yes me too need this option please we need separate audio pid .... i have some stream come 3 audio AR/ENG/RU ... vmix now play first pid AR but i want play ENGlish sound please fix this thx
usmedia  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2022 3:24:09 PM(UTC)
usmedia

Switzerland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1

We send international feeds to TV stations (SRF, EBU, etc.) from time to time. They complain that the PID cannot be read.

It would be great if this were implemented as described by Tom. This would also make it possible to receive multi-channel audio.

At the moment, there is nothing left but to operate the setup via GaraninApps or hardware encoders like Haivision or AJA.

It would be great if vMix could fix this in a future version.
Machtl  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2022 7:33:10 PM(UTC)
Machtl

Austria

Why is there no love for SRT in vMix? We need a proper SRT Streaming Panel in vMix, its becoming the industry standard for professional streaming solutions. We use SRT all the time with HW encoders. But again, a multi-language event is coming up and we need proper support for it in vMix.

We need a normal Streaming tab for SRT (multiple ones like now with RMTPS), we need a good and autoupdating statistic window to monitor line conditions. As a bonus we would like to see autoadjusting bandwith in realtime for that too. Like we have it on the Epiphan devices, the device detects that it can't push the bandwidth thru and too many packets are lost, it automatically reduces the bandwidth in realtime.