logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rambouzi  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 3:41:07 AM(UTC)
rambouzi

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Is there a way to controle the Audio Channel Matrix with API commands, or a separate GUI. That would be very useful for my project.

I have 4 SDI video inputs with al 8 audio channels. The source video is from a production Matrix.
All of these 4 Inputs are configured to be encoded as a separate SRT stream. I use BUS A to D for audio to each one. So INPUT-1 uses Bus A, etc.

The receiver of the SRT-stream (somewhere on location) wil need to hear the correct audio channels, not all together. But the audio can be on any of the incoming audio channels
(for example on INPUT-1 Audio channel 4 is English commentary, channel 5 is French and channel 6 is Dutch).
This will be different every time and on every INPUT.

For every INPUT I need to go into the audio channel matrix to make sure the right audio is being selected for the user.

But I am not the only operator. It needs to be very straight forward (dummy proof) for other operators. Without them going deep in to the setting of each INPUT.

With 'AudioChannelMatrixApplyPreset" I can load presets. I did make a bunch of them, but that is still not enough. And making 1024 presets for every passable situation is not really useful. At the moment I use the presets in shortcuts, and use the Webcontroler. But is is not good enough.

So are there API commands to controle the Audio Matrix? And, if not, can this be added in future versions?

Would be nice.