logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ragnvald  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 7:47:44 AM(UTC)
Ragnvald

Groups: Registered

I'm experiencing a strange issue with my audio all of a sudden. This past Wednesday did a live stream, all was good. Then I started up vMix on Friday (yesterday) to do another stream and all of a sudden I'm hearing a echo/duplication of any audio source that is run in vMix through Windows.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried everything I know and I can't solve this issue so far. I'll explain it in more detail below.

I have a mix minus setup with an external audio mixer outside of vMix. I have 2 mics going into 1 channel in vMix and I run clips that I play in vMix and music out on Bus A to a channel on my external audio mixer so I can hear everything in my headphones. Now, all of a sudden - over night - this setup doesn't work anymore as I'm now hearing multiple sources of my audio. What I've noticed is different is this: previously when I started vMix it would "disabled" ANY other audio source on the PC. So as an example: I was playing a YouTube clip in a browser window and then starting vMix, the audio in the browser would stop working and vMix was given "priority" (if that is the right word) over any audio playing on the PC.

Now (for some reason) I can play ALL and ANY audio on the PC that is running vMix. So I start vMix and now I can still hear audio from a YouTube clip. This is resulting in me hearing not only the vMix audio that I'm sending but ALSO any Windows audio source (including vMix as a duplicate). I believe I'm hearing as many as 3 audio sources at the same time and 2 of them are delayed. I can lower the windows output audio and that removes 1 of the 3 sources but I still hear a duplicate of my microphones (and one of those is slightly delayed, so it's extremely annoying and distracting) and if I have the Windows system audio turned up I hear 2 "instances" of any clip I play in vMix. This was NOT the case just 3 days ago, this past Wednesday.

When I started up vMix before this "change" I could hear a clear "click" type noise and this was vMix "taking over" Windows audio. Now that is not happening.

I'm using an Audient iD4 external audio interface and in the mixer software I can lower DAW 1+2 in order to remove the microphones that are duplicated but then I can not then hear any clips/audio that I play in vMix as this lowers the audio of ALL output audio from vMix.

Does anyone experience this? Is it a windows update that changed this? I just updated to the latest version of vMix incase this was an issue but nothing changed. I have even restored 2 windows updates that happened this week as I figured it must be a change in Windows. Something with how audio is "prioritized" perhaps? I have done no other changes to my setup or updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ragnvald  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:38:46 AM(UTC)
Ragnvald

Groups: Registered

So I managed to solve this by setting the Master Output to "none" under Audio outputs and then setting Bus A to my Audient id4 main 1 and 2 output.

Previously the master output was set to Audient USB ASIO driver but if I remove that and set it to none it now works. I can control once again what I want to hear from vMix via Bus A.

This still doesn't explain why I now can play audio in web browser at the same time vMix is running. vMix always took priority of the windows audio but no more. Anyway, I'll leave this post in here as it might help someone else that experience the same issue.