logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndyJ9  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2022 11:58:25 PM(UTC)
AndyJ9

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hello,

we are using VMIX with 5 cameras and instant replay from all cameras - managed with Elgato Stream Deck using shortcuts.

There is an issue with a freezed replay picture in the output using shortcuts.

I will try to explain my setup.

We created following shortcuts (1 for each camera) for the last replay created:
ReplayLastEventSingleCameraOn (we select only one specific camera of the last replay).
ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput (same key press is playing the selected replay to output).

After the replay finished we switch back to preview - everthing fine.

But now comes the issue if we want to play some previous replays.

We select one previous replay from the list and we have again created shortcuts (one for each camera) to play the specific selected replay:
ReplaySelectedEventSingleCameraOn (we select only one specific camera of the selected replay).
ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput (same key press is playing the selected replay to output).

This also works if i play only one replay - after the replay we switch back to what is in the preview.

BUT, if within one running replay (eg. camera 1) i switch to another replay (eg. camera 2), the replay (camera 2) is played as expected.
AND NOW at the end it switches back to the first replay (camera 1) which is frozen at the stopping point (where i switched from camera 1 to camera 2).
VMIX is not switching back to preview. So i need to switch manually back to live camera or something else.

I would like that after the replay is finished - VMIX swithes back to whatever is in preview and not to the stopped previous replay.

How can i achieve this? Thanks for your support.
kevev  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 9:07:36 PM(UTC)
kevev

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Our production company is having this exact issue on 12 vMix computers. vMix 24 & 25. I believe this is a bug. Can one of the developers look at this issue?
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 12:03:47 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ AndyJ9 & kevev

vMix Instant Replay always transitions back to what was previously in Program Output, so what you describe is the expected behavior, namely, if you transition out of playing Event #1 before it completes "automatically" and instead transition to Event #2, when Event #2 completes, it will transition back to Event #1 which was the last "item" in Program Output.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
kevev on 7/31/2022(UTC)
kevev  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 10:49:09 PM(UTC)
kevev

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ AndyJ9 & kevev

vMix Instant Replay always transitions back to what was previously in Program Output, so what you describe is the expected behavior, namely, if you transition out of playing Event #1 before it completes "automatically" and instead transition to Event #2, when Event #2 completes, it will transition back to Event #1 which was the last "item" in Program Output.

Ice

This makes sense. In these instances, is there any way to force vMix to stinger out when the mark out time point is reached?
Radiotvpat1982  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2022 2:06:08 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
This is why I avoid this method.

There is a spot in settings where you can allow for unlimited playback. I want to be the one who determine when and where to transition out to.

I also always use the "Replay Selected" so I can replay any angle I have checked and fade through those. I never use the normal play command.