logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phbelanger  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2022 3:05:01 AM(UTC)
phbelanger

Groups: Registered

Another question regarding ProPresenter 7 and vMix. I just returned the desktop that I had purchased to run vMix because it didn't have a NVIDIA card and had some latency. So I upgraded to a gaming desktop with a GEFORCE RTX 3060 with 16GB, 1TB storage and am only running vMix on the new desktop. I'm using vMix as the switcher which is really neat. The NVIDIA card has 1 HDMI and 4 video display port outputs. I would like to use the vMix EXTERNAL output to go directly into the CAM4 video adapter as the video input for ProPresenter 7 instead of the NDI output from vMix. I did all this to reduce latency between the video and audio coming in directly via the Focusrite unit providing the audio input to ProPresenter. Any suggestions on how I use the NVIDIA card outputs to connect a monitor (HDMI) and the CAM4 video adapter for fullscreen output. The NDI output to ProPresenter works fine, but I suspect a direct external connection would be even faster and cleaner. What say you all? Thanks. I sure hope to have this all up and running cleanly soon. Thanks
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2022 10:21:40 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I had a chat with a newtek representative regarding what is the best way to send from vmix to an led wall. Latency matters when you have a delay between live and led.
The answer was: Take GPU to GPU with NDI. If you use hardware encoder decoder you will add a frame or more for the encode plus one for the decode. In most cases the display has latency as well.
If you have SDVoE equipment available (almost zero latency (a few nano seconds)) you can use this between systems.
paco3346  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2022 11:31:42 PM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
NDI latency is less than a frame. Downside is that you need the CPU & Network to be able to handle it.

Fullscreen output (external is for cards like DeckLink) is no latency as it comes off your GPU directly. The issue with this is that your hardware input into ProPresenter is almost certain to have latency. You also don't get alpha channel with Fullscreen output.

External output (requires hardware card) will have a few frames latency but gives you alpha.

For ProPresenter (in or out) and vMix I almost always go NDI.