logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ClementN  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:48:44 PM(UTC)
ClementN

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)

This become very important for us due to a special project so, Martin, when you have a minute, your comment is very appreciated.

We are thinking at a kind of "background module" just like the opposite of "overlays".
I mean a module ( video or image ) that will play under the Output (and Preview) all the time while activated.

That way we could have complex constructions using video loops along multi-view .

Example:
?t=21m45s

Right now, we can do that by adding multiple modules with same video loop while having multi-view squares over them.
For example, we have 5 combinations.

The main problem is each time we cut a multi-view module the background video start from the begging or from the point it was previously transitioned out.

If we had the option to have a background loop all the time during the show, we'll solve the discontinuity problem and also, probably, we'll save some resources as we do not have to constantly start and stop a lot of video modules.

Thank you very much for your time,
Clement

Bardos59  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:41:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

ClementN wrote:

This become very important for us due to a special project so, Martin, when you have a minute, your comment is very appreciated.

We are thinking at a kind of "background module" just like the opposite of "overlays".
I mean a module ( video or image ) that will play under the Output (and Preview) all the time while activated.

That way we could have complex constructions using video loops along multi-view .

Example:
?t=21m45s

Right now, we can do that by adding multiple modules with same video loop while having multi-view squares over them.
For example, we have 5 combinations.

The main problem is each time we cut a multi-view module the background video start from the begging or from the point it was previously transitioned out.

If we had the option to have a background loop all the time during the show, we'll solve the discontinuity problem and also, probably, we'll save some resources as we do not have to constantly start and stop a lot of video modules.

Thank you very much for your time,
Clement

I do not quite understand what you mean by having multiple background loops starting and stopping as selected, I do a similar thing, but I set the background video to loop, so it keeps running even when I am not in multiview....so, when I switch to multiview, similar to what you have in the sample, my loops keep going...I untick "Automatically Pause Preview Input after Transition", and I do not have any problems...My background keeps playing until I stop it, even when it is not in use.....
ClementN  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:48:39 PM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Let's say we have 2 multiview modules (in fact we have 5), A and B (A includes multiview of host and guest 1 and B includes multiview of host and guest 2).
Both have same looping background video 1 min lenght.

When I cut module A the background start playing .
After a few seconds (let's say 10 sec) I cut to the module .

At this moment, the background do not have continuity as it starts from 0 when cut to B.

Anyway, I cut back to A after 15 seconds. Once again the background of A is not in sync ( continuity) with bacground video of B... and so on. ..

IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:18:19 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ClementN

I agree with Bardos59, if you are using the same input as a background in each Multi View module, it should not restart every time unless it is set up to restart with transition (in general settings of the looping input).
Have you checked all your settings? Or are you somehow using duplicate inputs?
Something just doesn't seem right because it works fine for me.

Ice
ClementN  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 2:56:35 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Hmm. It was me doing it in the wrong way.

I created a video module with the video loop for each multi-view and overlay the 2 cameras
instead creating a simple module (color) and overlay the 2 cameras AND the background video (the same file looping for all).

Thank you very much for pointing me to the right direction, Ice, Bardos59!
Bardos59  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:52:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

That is why we come here, to help each other.....you are welcome