logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imagebotique  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:33:14 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am streaming some soccer games and have 3 audio-only commercials for businesses sponsoring the soccer team. I would like to play them during 1/2 time but since they are audio only I would like to keep 1 camera on the field as the main shot (which also carries a audio source for crowd noise and even picks up a little bit of sound from the field) but also play these .mp3 audio clips. I am running vmix 12 and it seems that the only I can get the audio from these sources to the output is to cut to them. this ends up giving me a black screen. As 1 workaround I have found that I can put up a image (say a logo for the sponsor) and I can then cut to the .mp3 and the logo stays up on the screen and audio plays as well but when I have a SDI video source I cannot cut to the .mp3 without it cutting away from live video.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:21:36 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
You probalby have Automatically mix audio set in Settings/Audio (that is the default setting).
If you uncheck it, you can manually select with input's audio should be used. You do this by clicking "Audio" in the inputs of which audio you want (and/or a corresponding loudspeaker icon the the audio mixer).

So, keep your main camera input in Output (and click it's Audio on if you want to maintain crowd noise), and then make sure Audio is on for the mp3 files you play (clicking the Audio icon in those players)
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:43:38 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ imagebotique
Richard is correct. You are best to familiarize yourself with the Audio Mixer features in vMix.
Any input with audio can be played/heard or muted with or without being on screen.
The Audio Mixer is accessed by clicking the speaker icon on the bottom lower right.
The double arrow icon is for auto mixing with switching.
The speaker icon will turn audio on or off (regardless of what is on screen), the "Audio" button under each input does the same thing.

Ice
imagebotique  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:15:18 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thanks for the response guys. You were correct. Just clicking the speaker icon in the audio mixer fixed the problem. I was in a live webcast last week when I realized I was having the issue and a radio station was also picking up the audio off of our webcast so I was afraid to click on too much stuff. Tested today and working like a charm. Some times some simple things can evade our eyes.