logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fbcgulfport  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 9:31:40 AM(UTC)
Fbcgulfport

Groups: Registered
United States

Our church is looking for the best option to view our video output on several other screens.

Currently we have one laptop streaming our live stream from YouTube, playing it on a projector for an overflow area.

We’re also considering NDI, but I’m not too familiar with NDI. Is NDI more taxing on the machine that is sending or receiving the video? Either way I’d assume it’s a more efficient option than streaming down from YouTube.

Alternatively we’ve considered outputting the video via HDMI and using a HDMI over Ethernet splitter to each of the screens.

And lastly we stream to ReStream, which re-streams the video to YouTube, Facebook, etc... They also have a RTMP monitoring option.

I’m looking into input of which if these options would be the better, reliable, and cost effective overall. Any input is appreciated!
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 7:00:44 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. As i understand you dont really care about delay you have in the screens. If so i will suggest to use the lan stream feature that vmix 25 has.

it is very easy to setup and you can use it without too many resources of your local network. Ndi also a solution but have in mind that you use much more resources from your local network. For one stream 1080p/25p ndi will use about 120mbps of your network,so if you have for example 4 screens you will need about a half of a gigabit local network bandwidth. Also if you use livelan or ndi you have to find a way to connect your other screen/screens in a pc or laptop so they can receive the output video
An hdmi splitter is a good solution if you dont have or dont want extra machine for the other screens or you can combine both an extra machine to receive ndi or livelan stream and then from this machine send to multiple screens with an hdmi splitter