logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
usdharris  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 8:22:05 AM(UTC)
usdharris

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it possible to format the ticker text for multiple fonts or formats?

We want to use a datasource to input the text in end credits but want to have different styles for Titles and Names. Is this possible in GT Title Designer or do we need to use an external?
thanks 1 user thanked usdharris for this useful post.
djmoll on 7/2/2022(UTC)
djmoll  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 5:58:27 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Originally Posted by: usdharris Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to format the ticker text for multiple fonts or formats?

We want to use a datasource to input the text in end credits but want to have different styles for Titles and Names. Is this possible in GT Title Designer or do we need to use an external?

I'm also very interested in begin able to do simple formatting of vertically scrolling text. I'm doing credits at the end of a livestream, and having different formatting for titles vs. names would be really helpful.

David
doggy  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 7:43:23 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Not directly...

but with some "Fixed Templating" it can be done (sort off) with limitations in flexibility and confined to the textfields ( not resizable) changable font settings .
Its tricky to get it right. Of course it involves also using a data source

For more flexibility and changability an external tool would be beneficial

datasource used in the video :
CreditRoll.jpg (49kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
djmoll on 7/2/2022(UTC)
djmoll  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 10:27:11 AM(UTC)
djmoll

I really like your example of multi-font scrolling credits. Thanks for your post.

Can you explain what you mean by "Fixed Templating"? I'd like to do something similar, but I need a few pointers.

I assume you are using different GT titles with different fonts, which read the info from different fields in the spreadsheet? Then you use the "replace" to append the text to the ticker? I'm guessing a little here, and I may be way off.

Again, I really appreciate your response and example!

David
doggy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 7:35:14 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: djmoll Go to Quoted Post

I assume you are using different GT titles with different fonts, which read the info from different fields in the spreadsheet? Then you use the "replace" to append the text to the ticker? I'm guessing a little here, and I may be way off.

It's 1 GT title.

Fixed templating means your are stuck with the line spacing end fixed textblock sizes for example ( in this case the Title) for all rows by the largest used in the design
Can not tweak the individual text items ( position etc) with the designer . The individual text items are not even accesible anymore in the designer for editing/tweaking .
It involves messing with the title code itself

Can only change the font size and color ( restricted to the field heights within the title ) per column data used in this case and the speed of the ticker/datasource advancing with the editor.
Ticker Speed is limited to the data source update when set to auto unless you go for row selection through a script (for faster crolling possibility)

Examples
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
djmoll on 7/2/2022(UTC)
djmoll  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 6:17:58 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

It's 1 GT title.

Fixed templating means your are stuck with the line spacing end fixed textblock sizes for example ( in this case the Title) for all rows by the largest used in the design
Can not tweak the individual text items ( position etc) with the designer . The individual text items are not even accesible anymore in the designer for editing/tweaking .

Can only change the font size and color ( restricted to the field heights within the title ) per column data used in this case and the speed of the ticker/datasource advancing with the editor.
Ticker Speed is limited to the data source update when set to auto unless you go for row selection through a script (for faster crolling possibility)

Examples

Doggy,
Thanks for your response. It is very helpful. Thanks for including the links to the scrolling text GT files that you have made available.

Best regards and thanks again!
David
djmoll  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:07:32 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

It's 1 GT title.

Examples

Doggy,
I was able to get your scrolling credits method working! Thanks! It will work well with the way we use credits.

Do you have any suggestions for ending the overlay when scrolling is completed? I successfully used triggers to start the rolling credits at the top of the input spreadsheet, but I haven't figured out a way to shut off the overlay automatically when scrolling is completed. None of the triggers seemed to work, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks again for your insights on this area!

David
doggy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:33:31 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Do you have any suggestions for ending the overlay when scrolling is completed? I successfully used triggers to start the rolling credits at the top of the input spreadsheet, but I haven't figured out a way to shut off the overlay automatically when scrolling is completed. None of the triggers seemed to work, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks again for your insights on this area!

David

Sadly the vMix datasource use has no indication of rowcount or current row indication ( which IMO is a big mis) in contrast to normal say xml reading through a script for example and sending the data from there directly and using the rowcount possibilitie

then again:
Normally i would check for the last row item by checkigng if it has changed content or not from the API XML as an alternative, if not would mean reached end of list
However this becomes a bit trickier for use in this case for a scroll as one might use quit a few blank cells
One could do it though by adding lots of blank lines at the end in the datasource and add say a "end" word to it to check on that to trigger (command) to turn the overlay off
Avoiding the "end word"to become visible will be a matter of how fast you are goign through the data source versus the ticker/scroll speed . if data is faster than scroll speed it would work
Knowing the rowcount could also be used in a loop that selects the rows
Understandably this all involvesa bit of scripting (which can be started with your starting trigger)

On the other hand if you reach the end of the list/display the overaly will just be a transparent frame so can turn it of manually whenever you want (or be replaced by another overlay)

BTW djmoll.. thank you