logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick Meryman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 10:29:05 AM(UTC)
Rick Meryman

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Feature Request that I'll bet Y'all would like too:

Audio crossfades with the video during a transition.

Right now it it's a hard cut. I think it would be a bit more pro to have a smooth crossfade instead of the rather abrupt cut I get now.
If there's a way to do it now I haven't found it yet.

As for My supporting use cases:

1) Users with a large number of inputs which include several live cameras. If inputs need to be switched often and there are many cameras,
setting triggers for each one becomes very time consuming. Either a global or a per/input fade option would greatly improve program quality
and it's percieved level of professionality.

2) Users, especially in a Worship setting, that use volunteers. These people can hardly be expected to be able to set up triggers, shortcuts
and the like. A global fade option would allow the person in charge to set an appropriate fade time which is applied to all inputs with audio.

3) Users like myself who would benefit from an adjustable and per-input crossfade when streaming a service. Pastors and others who are part of the service
often don't like being told when to do things...so being able to have a quick cross fade on cameras and a longer one on visual media would be excellent.
We rarely have a switcher with a physical crossfade lever so the adjustability of the crossfade is important.

My original post (Quoted above) on this matter gains interest every day, so know that I am not alone with this request. Thanx and a Tip 'o the cap
to TC Conway for his suggestion that this be augmented PER-INPUT !! And to Rich Shumaker for gently pushing me to include the Supporting Use Cases part!
And to all the good folks who took the time to weigh in on this matter, I thank you all so much !!!!
Simsyuk  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 5:51:23 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
+1
RichShumaker  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 4:53:49 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
+1