logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Josef  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 9:05:12 PM(UTC)
Josef

Groups: Registered
Czech Republic

Hi,
I use the Atem Mini Pro as one of the inputs to vMix. But sometimes the picture flashes. Irregularly, more or less. I've tried all the settings and all the possible discussions and I still don't have a solution. I uninstalled nVidia Experience and other nVidia overlays and still nothing.
I use a Dell G7 laptop.

Please help me. :)
Image2.jpg (381kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Thanks
Josef
paco3346  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 1:59:20 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
How are you getting the feed into vMix? Are you using the USB webcam output or some other hardware input?
Mari  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 4:06:45 AM(UTC)
Mari

Netherlands

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I've connected my Atem Mini Pro via USB-C to the laptop running vMIX, works like a charm... Bought the Atem Mini pro to livestream, but when the upload on location isn't that good the buffer fills up rapidly and the livestream stops... Streaming with vMix works like a charm, just lower the bitstream a little... (if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the Atem Mini Pro!).
paco3346  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 4:23:03 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'd try opening your ATEM feed with another app that can use webcams (like zoom) and just watching it for a while. Try and rule things out 1 by 1.

My guess is that's it's probably a USB related issue. USB 3 is a weird beast.
Josef  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 5:55:52 PM(UTC)
Josef

Czech Republic

OK thanks for the discussion. I have ATEM connected via USB-C and I just found out that I have the same problem with OBS. So it's probably not a problem in vMix, but in a laptop, maybe USB.
djm1k  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 2:44:00 AM(UTC)
djm1k

United States

Originally Posted by: Mari Go to Quoted Post
I've connected my Atem Mini Pro via USB-C to the laptop running vMIX, works like a charm... Bought the Atem Mini pro to livestream, but when the upload on location isn't that good the buffer fills up rapidly and the livestream stops... Streaming with vMix works like a charm, just lower the bitstream a little... (if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the Atem Mini Pro!).

Ever get a solution to this? I have the flickering screen AND the stream freeze. The flicker can be solved sometimes by a laptop reboot. The freeze happens in an hour or so.
djm1k  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 2:45:15 AM(UTC)
djm1k

United States

Originally Posted by: djm1k Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mari Go to Quoted Post

Ever get a solution to this? I have the flickering screen AND the stream freeze. The flicker can be solved sometimes by a laptop reboot. The freeze happens in an hour or so.

Worth noting that the flicker does not happen in the Win11 camera app.