logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jiraka7  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2022 6:27:20 PM(UTC)
Jiraka7

Groups: Registered
Czech Republic

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I have one question about vMix NDI output.

If I have one network with internet on my vMix computer for live streaming and two more local networks that I will use for different NDI signals. Will vMix send NDI output to both local networks or only one and if there is any way to determine to which one.

I would like to use one local network for NDI output to the TVs. And another local network for NDI input from cameras to vMix. Currently, we only have one local network but the load is too high, and upgrading the switch is not currently possible, so I would like to split it up.

nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 3:27:30 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. In my vmix pc i have my primary 1gbps local network that im using for primary ndi work and also i connect a usb network ethernet adapter usb3.0-->to 1gpbs ethernet as 2nd ndi network. This 2nd one im connecting in another one 1gbps network switcher in order to take a ndi source from a pc that it is in other bulding.
The 2 networks can work in vmix both (doesnt need to tell vmix to select anything as it sees both ndi networks without any settings) but i cant combine the 2 ndi networks together as they dont communicate each other. The pc that is connected to 2nd 1gbps network switcher cannot see the other pc`s that are connected to primary 1gpbs network. Vmix output will send ndi feed in both networks same time but the pc that it is in the other building can see only the pc that i connect to same 1gbps network switcher and not the other pc`s that i connect to my primary local network.
So yes in my experiment and testing, vmix can see 2 or more ndi sources in different networks and combine them all together as sources but the ndi networks dont "talk" each other.
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Jiraka7 on 5/30/2022(UTC)