logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edscanada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 2:15:01 AM(UTC)
edscanada

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello first time poster long time user.

Essentially what I'm doing is instructed in this video:

Using the trigger function to move my P1 (presenter 1) from layer 1 to layer 10 when I merge into them full screen, and move back to one as I go back to the panel layout.

Ideally I have panel looks of 3 up, 4 up, 5 up etc, and when I jump to full screen of P1,P2,P3,P4, they take over layer 10 for the transition in.

I had everything working, however a bit of time, vMix bugs out and starts moving the presenter layers into the wrong section.

For context:

P1 (presenter 1) Layer 1
P2 (presenter 2) Layer 2
P3 (presenter 3) Layer 3

I have the trigger "ontransitionin" P1 - movemultiviewoverlay from 1,10 so that it covers the frame as it enlarges.
I then use the trigger "ontransitionout" P1 - movemultiviewoverlay from 10,1, so that it goes back to default state.

Problem is after I do the transitions a few times, suddenly my P2 will be on Layer 4, and layers will start randomly moving around.

I'm not sure if anyone does this or has any guidance or tricks to make it work more stable. Is the problem that I have them controlling 5 different panel looks? 2 up, 3 up , 4 up etc?

edscanada  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 2:18:49 AM(UTC)
edscanada

Canada

*SOLVED*

offset every trigger by 1ms to avoid any possible duplication confusion.
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:54:42 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I tried this method and ended up with the same problem, got frustrated and scrapped it, but then I found a script that does it well....was on a show I was watching on youtube, and that works great except that I am stuck with a fast merge and cannot slow the speed, but it does a great job.....Can you show the way you solve the issue ....how did you set it up
edscanada  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2022 4:33:56 AM(UTC)
edscanada

Canada

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I tried this method and ended up with the same problem, got frustrated and scrapped it, but then I found a script that does it well....was on a show I was watching on youtube, and that works great except that I am stuck with a fast merge and cannot slow the speed, but it does a great job.....Can you show the way you solve the issue ....how did you set it up

Do exactly how its recommended in the video above, but instead of doing the same delay time for every transition, change it by 1ms. So the first one is 750, next 751, next 752, that way when you hit the trigger of one look, its not overlapping another input and causing it to bug out.
thanks 1 user thanked edscanada for this useful post.
Joeboe on 5/20/2022(UTC)