logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mixmexmax  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 4:42:15 PM(UTC)
mixmexmax

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all!
I have noticed that even with "strict constant bitrate" on, the bitrate drops way down with still images (as can be seen in the stats). I have set 2.5mbps and get 450kbps with a still image. when running a video with lots of motion it goes up in teh stats rather slowly. how can I ensure that the bitrate is always as high as the setting I have and does not drop down?

Also, why is the cbr button only in the window of the first stream, is that a setting that counts for all 3 streams?

Last: There are three apps to choose from in the stream settings. What is the difference between FFMEPG and FFMPEG2? I can´t find anything about it in the help file.

The reason for my asking about cbr is: We are having issues that in the chain and suspect something "falls to sleep" with long periods of low bitrates and does not wake up fast enough when motion and bitrate kicks in. Then suddenly the transcodes of our ULL-Streamingprovider stutter and we get calls from viewers that are on the transcode and not on the passthrough-stream.

Michael.
melody  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2022 11:01:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi,

Which resolution and framerate are defined?

Take a look on the encoding preset and level, choose apropriate settings for better results
mixmexmax  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 12:49:14 AM(UTC)
mixmexmax

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We are using 1920x1080@25fps. Different levels do no change anything.

I have discovered this in the meantime:
It seems that the hardware-encoder nvenc ignores any strict-cbr-setting. When I encode by software, the bitrate stays up with enabled strict-cbr.