logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 8:16:18 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I've started another thread regarding vMix Social and Facebook asking if anyone else is still having problems. I've spoken (yes in person and via email) to Facebook regarding the comments not being sent/shown via vMix social.

For me the comments are so important as all our lives are interactive with our viewing public, so far vMix Social are only showing certain comments, YouTube is ok along with other platforms, this includes StreamYard, it's just Facebook via vMix Social! It used to work months ago, then it all stopped working correctly.

Therefore I have had many conversations with Facebook and they've been very helpful, their final email to me this morning after weeks of investigation informs me that there is a problem with vMix Social.

"Due to the nature of this request, it seems we currently cannot proceed with this as it seems like an issue with the third-party software you're using. On our side, we couldn't find a specific issue to resolve, so we kindly ask you to check in with the software provider and try to resolve it that way, please."

For example, one show we had over 986 comments but vMix Social only showed 519, randomly at that, one person may post a comment and continue to comment but vMix Social will only show maybe two comments from this person, when in fact they've commented around 30 times!

I have asked this to be looked in to in my previous post but the only response I had, "it's nothing to do with us, check the logs" (where the hell are the logs, no response).

With all that in mind, I'm asking is anyone else having this major problem?

BTW, yes I have delete from Facebook and my pc, I've reinstalled on a new PC and enabled in Facebook and still the same issue.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions to resolve this vMix Social problem.

We are currently live atm using Streamyard and every comment are being show, so this clearly shows that there is an issue with vMix Social!
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2022 4:41:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are still seeing issues, but unfortunately this is a tough problem to solve as there really isn't anything we can do on our end.

My guess is Streamyard may be using a different method of retrieving the comments.
Its simply not possible for vMix to skip random comments, it is receiving exactly what Facebook is sending.

The logs is the View Log button in vMix Social. If there were a vMix issue you would see in that log a bunch of error messages when comments go missing.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Simsyuk  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2022 6:33:01 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Thanks Martin, I'm just completely lost what to do, I really don't want to go over to StreamYard full time (I really dislike it). I'm live again today from 1pm so I'll check the logs then.
Simsyuk  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 6:29:00 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

I'm going to try and install an older version (24.0.0.72) to see if this makes any difference.

Yet again is anyone else experiencing this?