logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melody  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 12:42:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi, as Microsoft said, this update doesn't affect all the hardware environments.

Once Microsoft didn't tell which hardware was affected by the update, you realy need to pray for your production doesn't be screwed.

In my case, it was very bad to me last weekend, luckily i have some IT knowledge to "survive" this kind of thing.

Another thing, sometimes Windows Update install opcional updates automaticaly, this is something that users cannot control.

Personal statement as an IT tech.: Microsoft Windows isn't actualy a trustable OS
Oxford Blue  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 8:22:03 AM(UTC)
Oxford Blue

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Follo Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Just installed the new Windows 11 Update May 10, 2022 — KB5013943 (OS Build 22000.675).

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5012643 (released April 25, 2022) and also addresses the following issues:

Addresses a known issue that might cause issues for some .NET Framework 3.5 apps or prevent those apps from opening. The affected apps use certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.

Addresses a known issue that might cause your screen to flicker if you start your device in Safe Mode. Components that rely on explorer.exe, such as File Explorer, the Start menu, and the taskbar, might be affected and appear unstable.

• Stream Deck --> working for me
  • vMix Call --> working for me
  • Facebook Login --> working for me
  • Data Source (Execel) --> working for me

regards

Thanks for this update note. I did a live show on 1st and 2nd of May. I programmed two Stream Deck XL's a week or so earlier, then packed up the vMix PC. When I arrived at the show and booted up, Stream Deck was a sea of yellow triangles, never seen it happen before. I'm no PC expert, so I spent hours into the night trying to rectify it, including deleting and reloading the vMix and Elgato software, all to no avail. In the end, I had to use a spare computer keyboard to implement shortcuts, with bits of tape on keys. The net result was the client was not impressed, as the two Stream Deck controllers were for them to operate graphics inserts, but the show did work. An awful experience and from the tone afterwards, I doubt I'll be re-hired by them. Important note. I had all updates switched off, so no idea how KB5012643 sneaked in.
Follo  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 5:25:30 PM(UTC)
Follo

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Microsft transfered the .NET Framework 3.5 error again to the known issues section. So no fix for all people.

If you can't uninstall the Update try this:

Run Winndows Terminal as admin and run this commands:

• dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all
  • dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-HTTP-Activation
  • dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-NonHTTP-Activation